All reviewshaleakala cratermaui onion soupupcountry mauipineappleelectric fireplacesunsetlandscapingpaiahana
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is the perfect place to stop for breakfast after watching the sunrise over Haleakala. The view is breathtaking, but that wasn't the best part of the meal.

The service was wonderful! The host went out of his way to get us a fantastic table by the windows. Our server was very friendly and even complimented our "vibe". Maybe it's because he is a Colorado native? Just saying.

I ordered the benedict with fresh fish and my mouth had a party until I tasted my husband's pancakes with the coconut syrup. Now, that was a fantastic experience and I'm making myself hungry thinking about it. Of course, the prices are high. But, hello, this is Maui. Get used to it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoBuffGal
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I didn't stay here but made a stop here to eat and it was my favorite place in Maui. Great view, nce gardens, and the best brick oven pizza! They seem to use fresh ingredients right from their garden.

Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Great pizza, great view, high prices. We knew going in that this place would be expensive. We were hungry after doing the poli poli redwood loop hike and needed something… fast. A friend had recommended this place to us based on the view so we took her advice and checked it out. The view does not disappoint. The deck is beautiful with an amazing brick oven for the pizza (yes they really cook the pizza in it!). I literally took pictures in order to build this in my future dream home. The gardens around the restaurant/lodge are also stunning. Take your time to walk around a little after your meal. The pizza was delicious (margarita) but needed sauce (doesn’t everything??) and the server gladly obliged. The sauce was amazing as well. We also got the simple garden salad… simple yes…. But the dressing was nothing short of amazing. The drink prices are reasonable if not cheap (for Maui) and we got to try the Maui wineries pineapple sparkling wine (which the winery was out of when we visited a year and a half ago). Over all high prices for a great view and good pizza!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thriftingspaz
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had driven my family around Kula visiting various places and decided to stop for pizza. It was delicious. The employees were friendly, and the service was fast. We also ordered their spinach salad with bleu cheese, macadamia nuts, strawberries, onions, etc. The salad was amazing.....

The prices were appropriate, and it was a beautiful restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed in these cabins for 1 night as they were the only ones close to the Haleakala crater where children were allowed. The cabins are rustic but totally adequate for 1 night. They are double story but only 2 have a proper upstairs area with 2 single beds( Ekahi Chalet and Elua Chalet). There are 2 others with a ladder going up to a small area with a sofa bed (Ekolu chalet and Eha chalet). We stayed in Ekahi. There is plenty of room and a small balcony with good view. The heating is good and there is an alarm clock to get you up for the sunrise trip up the crater. You must park in the front car park to be able to leave at 4 am or so. It takes about an hour from this lodge. It is sub zero at the summit (in the middle of summer) at that time of the day so come prepared!

The best part of this hotel is the restaurant with spectacular views of Maui right to the coast. There are windows from roof to floor. There is also great looking seating outside but it wasn't open when we were there. We had dinner and then breakfast after returning from our summit trip.
Reasonably priced, good food, good service and brought the children colouring stuff straight away when we sat down. Loved it.

Room Tip: Choose Ekahi or Elua for family of four, or Ekolu or Eha as second choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family