All reviewsboogie boardsacross the streetbeach chairsliving roomthe kitchenshort drive to restaurantstennis courtskam beachour home away from homecoffee grinderrented unitwe've stayedkihei boat rampwithin walking distancesnorkel gearresponded quicklyac unit
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Unit #243 is one of the best locations in the complex. Beautiful water and sunset views. Furniture is eclectic but clean, very nice kitchen. Owner is lovely and fantastic to deal with. Although we are a family with kids we loved the quiet mature demographic. Not a party place. Across from a beautiful beach. Able to walk to limited shopping. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank SnowySunsets
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed a week in March 2014 at a 2-bedroom-plus-loft unit, #221 at Hale Kamaole. We rented through the owners' co-op. The complex has a great location -- south end of Kihei, right across from Kamaole Beach Park III and walking distance to the Kihei boat ramp. Unit 221 is a great location within the complex -- away from traffic noise, great view, end unit, and close to good parking spots.
Our unit was well-stocked (hint: the coolers, chairs and boogie boards are under the stairs) and there were plenty of condiments and spices. There were plenty of bath towels and beach towels.The bed in the master was a pillowtop and very comfortable. The picture on the website shows the downstairs bedroom set up as 2 twins but they were pushed together as a king -- call ahead of you desire a particular setup.
The back sliding door and large shutters had some issues that we reported while we were there. We had some small ants in the kitchen but no major bug problems. We couldn't figure out how to make the DVD player work but we are not techy. The unit has Wi-fi but it was a little slow to watch streaming video.
Overall this was a great choice for our family of 6.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PHXscuba
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked Hale Kamaole through Donna Bender of Maui Calls; she is friendly, very quick to respond and accommodating to our requests. This is the second time I have used Donna to book my Maui condo and I am sure I will use her again.

Hale Kamaole is well located across from Kamaole III Beach and offers good value for a ocean side location. The condo is stocked with all the kitchen essentials plus board games, books and DVDs if you need entertainment. There is even a closet full of beach toys (boogie boards, chairs, cooler) which is in the door on the patio - unfortunately, we only discovered it on our last day.

There is a natural foods grocery store within walking distance and a 24-Hour Foodland about 10 min drive north on S. Kihei Rd. There are a few decent restaurants within walking distance as well including 808 Bistro where you can BYOB for a cheap corking fee and Fred's Mexican which is always packed and serving good food.

If you're looking for good value and a great location Hale Kamaole is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tekflo
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed at this condominium property last year and had the best vacation ever! However, that being said, this time I went back it was the complete opposite!!!! Upon returning home from last years vacation I was so excited and HAPPY that I booked again for the same time for this year, 2014. I worked really hard all year making my payments to Condominium Rentals Hawaii for the same unit as last year. I was paying a rate of $179.00 per night with my AAA discount and was told I was lucky for booking when I did as they were going to raise the rates for 2014 to $235.00 per night. About three weeks before we were to go to Maui, just shy of the 30 days cancel fees, we were told we had a balance of almost $600.00 more due to the rate increase!!!! I was horrified!!! I told them I am paid in full and was given the old rate, After a while on hold they came back and said ok we will keep your pay in full and you have a zero balance! Not in a kind way either! I believe that is when they changed my second floor condo with a view to a first floor condo with no view, dark interior as if we were in a concrete mausoleum. I just started crying, I called and said this is unacceptable and was told oh well there isn't anything available! I called back after composing myself and was told oh well there is one more first floor unit I could look at and have ,but if that wasn't good then they could put me up in another property they own for another $1000.00!!!! What? We were there with 20 other people!!! They all had there second floor condos! Appalled!!! the other condo was better than the dark mausoleum one they wanted to put us in but This really ruined our vacation! Our condo view was of the Lower office!!! Just what I want to look at in paradise!!!! They did nothing to really make our stay,"relaxing and memorable" as in their brochure. They did nothing to, "make our stay with them more enjoyable" ! We did not have a , "wonderful vacation in our home away from home". Their brochure is a complete contradiction of how we were truly treated! The woman, Janet I believe , would hardly look at us when checking in, could care less if we were happy or not. It was oh well, this is what you get. I will make sure that all of my friends and family never use this company ever! The other people at the condos I met were told the story and were very appalled and took note! Thats when I started hearing more negative things about Condominium Rentals Hawaii. Save yourself heartache, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Room Tip: Stay out of #165!!!!!! Dark and ready, noise from the road traffic, no ocean view, view of a BBQ and other condos.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ttpangelina
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Hale Kamaole, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We are very concerned when we do not meet a guests expectations.
I have noted the comments with regard to the rate change. This was not a case of bait and switch as we will always honor the rates quoted. In this case a change was made to the dates of this guests stay and the system recalculated the rates on the booking at the new rates rather than holding the rate that was quoted. Our staff called due to the reservation showing a balance owing. After determining that an error had been made, the rate quoted had been honored. We regret that this error caused this guest distress, however we did honor, as we always do, the rate that we quoted.
We regret that we were not able to provide this guest with the original room they had requested. Due to a number of factors this room became unavailable and we relocated them to another unit within the complex. Relocating a guest and not being able to honor a specific request is only done as a last resort when no other options are available. The last thing we want to do is disappoint our guests, however occasionally things are out of our control. Each condominium we manage is individually owned. We set certain required criteria that the owners must provide as far as inventory and decor. As with any condominium complex, some units meet the standards and some exceed the standards. In this case the units offered met the standards.
In reviewing this reservation I am unable to find any notes that indicated the unit this guest was assigned to was unacceptable. We are reaching out to this guest directly to see if we are able to rectify this situation.

Allan
President
Condominium Rentals Hawaii

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were in unit 123 and really enjoyed our stay. Spacious unit and we could even see the ocean from our ground floor lanai. There are good restaurants and shopping nearby. The beach across the street is lovely and we went snorkeling nearby. Nice to have a cooler for us to use, plus beach mats and other goodies. My only (minor) complaints are that like everything on Maui it is expensive, and for that price I would have liked a more comfortable bed. I would suggest the owners add one of those mattress toppers from Costco. Other than that, everything was nice and we enjoyed the sense of community at the condo unit and the lovely grounds.

Room Tip: Condo 123 was kinda toward the center at the back end of the northern wing, but it still had a view of the ocean, and was well decorated and up to date.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple