“Consistently WONDERFUL and ALWAYS a must visit when on Maui....Reservations Required!”
Review of Koiso Sushi Bar

Koiso Sushi Bar
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Koiso is without a doubt the best sushi I have ever experienced. It's the reason a reminder is placed on my calendar 2 months in advance of any scheduled trip to Maui, to ensure I start calling to make reservations. The food is amazing and a work of art when it makes it to your table. It's fresh beyond belief and delectable. My dining parties have eaten both at the one table and/or the sushi bar itself, and the attention we receive has always been greatly appreciated. This past trip, we were lucky enough to have made reservations to eat at Koiso twice, since again, we made reservations. Anyone that provides a negative review due to their inability to make a reservation or being turned away for lacking one, is doing Koiso wrong, so please don't let this scare any of you reading these reviews.

2  Thank RayNJ08

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We lived on Maui for over a year and had weekly reservations at Koiso after lucking out by getting in without reservations since someone had cancelled that night.
Hiro is the best and most charming Sushi chef that we have ever encountered. We have eaten Sushi and Japanese food all over the world including some of the highest rated places in Japan but Koiso takes the cake with a cherry on top.
Hiro and Yoko made us feel like family in their little Sushi bar.
The food was impeccable every single time (week after week) we ate here.
Hiro only has one type of sake but it pairs with his food perfectly.
Things you should try:
- Futomaki
- Unagi Sashimi
- Hamachi
- Blue Fin Tuna

The only bad thing about Koiso is that it will ruin Sushi for you everywhere else in the world.

We miss you Yoko and Hiro!

2  Thank Nic M
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The sushi chef was originally from Japan which you can tell by the taste of his sushi. Not only was he an amazing sushi chef, he did it all himself.
Kioso is a cute restaurant that you HAVE TO GO TO!!! I am obsessed with sushi and have it at least once a week. It is not only the best sushi in Hawaii it's the best sushi I've ever had.
The fish is super fresh, the freshest fish I've ever had. My favorite roll is the 69 roll which is a California roll topped with eel. It is a must try. My second favorite roll was the rainbow roll. These might sound like rolls that every sushi place has, but it is far from basic. I don't think I'll be able to eat sushi at home anymore because his sushi brought sushi to another level.
We went once and loved it so much we got another reservation.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We have never had sashimi before and a friend back in Nashville recommended this place. MUST have reservations. There are only 16 seats in the whole place. It was mesmerizing watching the chef do his thing -- like a dance. Our food was delicious and everything else we saw at the seats near us looked amazing as well. So many great reviews for this place and now we understand why. Can't wait to go back on our next trip!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Great small sushi venue. Thick cuts of deliciously fresh fish presented in perfection. Attentive servers that kindly accommodated our tardy arrival after a long day of hiking and seeing sites.