“A taste of Thailand with a twist.”
Review of Maui Thai Bistro

Maui Thai Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Maui Thai Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 197 Restaurants in Kihei
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic yet contemporary Thai Dining in a clean, relaxed environment.
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Great service and super delicious food. We shared an appetizer that had a sample of thai favorites. It's at the far end of a little strip mall and can easily be missed. Very modern décor.

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank Happy-seniors2

Reviewed 29 May 2016

I live in Albuquerque. With the exception of Vietnamese, there is not a lot of Asian food here. Maui Thai was a reminder for me that good Thai exists. I ate here once with a group of 10 and got take out a couple of other times while staying in Kihei. Either time was great. I had Massaman curry. Both times, actually. I did get crazy and change up my rice order, though. Sticky rice for eat in. Jasmine for take away. Good decisions both. The interior here is pretty comfortable, sort of minimalist. I liked it. The cocktails were tasty and appropriately strong, though not what I'd call cheap (mainland or otherwise). When eating in, our group had 3 kids between 1 and 6. The restaurant was accommodating and there weren't any problems. Plenty for budding little epicureans to eat. In all honesty, I didn't explore the Thai food scene beyond here. But, if you're in South Maui and need some Thai, eat here. It is good.

1  Thank Unpossible
Reviewed 28 May 2016

Some friends and I got takeout in May 2016. We had a pumpkin curry and panang curry with sticky rice, and everything was delicious - well-spiced with plenty of meat in the curries. We also had tons of leftovers for lunch the next day! Also, my friends had just gotten married, and they received a complimentary dessert with their order, which was very good as well.

1  Thank J1e2n3n4y
Reviewed 27 May 2016

The food was really good and was not overpriced. The spring rolls were really good. Would go back. It is a must try.

1  Thank shootingstar09
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

After a day of hitting the beaches in Kihei, finding somewhere to eat will be high on your list. If you crave Thai food, I suggest you go to Maui Thai Bistro which is on South Kihei Road and a little past Charley Young Beach. Maui Thai Bistro is authentic and contemporary Thai food. The restaurant places emphasis on local seasonal ingredients, organically farmed where possible. The restaurant is small and has clean lines and a sense of openness. We had tom yum fried rice, pad Thai, and the ultra tasty and super rich short ribs panang curry. For those of you in Houston, Maui Thai Bistro is very similar to Thai Gourmet on the 6000 block of Richmond Ave. I definitely recommend this place if you want great Thai food.

1  Thank Bobbjac

Been to Maui Thai Bistro? Share your experiences!