All reviews clean hotel budget hotel an older hotel convenient location kahului airport the aloha spirit housekeeping staff road to hana convenience gazebo ocean haleakala
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night after we landed late at night at the airport. The ONLY REASON to stay here is if you need something close to the airport, but don’t expect much!! (Like any hotel close to an airport, they charge premium rates but don’t offer much.) We spent $200 on an “upgraded” room to be ocean facing. Well... this hotel doesn’t even clean up the beach that you can see from your room! We were disappointed to see a lot of trash all over the beach. When asked why so dirty, front desk said beach cleanup is on a volunteer basis. WELL... as a hotel offering beach views, PAY SOMEONE an hour a day to clean your own beach (which isn’t even that long of a stretch, maybe 100 yards maximum) so your guests don’t see trash everywhere and ruin their view!!! Also paint your hallways - see pictures- as the walk to the guest room was a bit frightening and I was afraid to see condition of the room based on peeling paint and dirty carpets. Thankfully, once we were inside the room we found it clean. That is the only positive- clean room, and close (5 minutes) to airport. Not worth the price!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime J
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Totally disorganized information regarding airport shuttle. The woman at the front desk told me to wait until 20 min before the hour to book. Then when I did she told me they were all full. Had I known that would be the case I would've booked at the time I inquired. Then she took no responsibility and blamed me. NOT what I call customer service

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking to spend a lot of time at your hotel and on the beach, this place is not for you—and you’re going to spend a lot more money. If you want a hotel that is located centrally in Maui and near restaurants and attractions, this is a great choice. I flew in with plans to see and do lots, and this hotel allowed me to do just that without spending a lot of time driving. The room is comfortable, but again, if you’re looking for 5 star service, this is not the place. This hotel lost a star for me because I don’t agree with the “resort fees” and because we had to consistently ask for towels and extra soap.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison E
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Like the name says, this hotel is located near the beach. Unfortunately, the beach isn't one of the islands best. This hotel is descently priced ($165/night) but you are nickel and dimed ($10 resort fee).

Pros: Resort fee gives you free transportation anywhere within a 3 mile radius, which includes pick up.
Room is clean.
Conveniently located near a popular shopping mall.

Cons. Rooms are close together so you are able to hear your neighbors.
Most items on resort fee was not used (playstation 3 with no access to games)
Wifi is slow.
Air Condition is loud and inefficient.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank plana2008
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I do not recommend this place. The walls were not very clean and the rooms had bugs. The lady at the counter was rude she didn’t reaerve our shuttle which made our check in to the flight late. I sincerely do not recommend, last time staying in this place.

Date of stay: April 2018