All reviews clean hotel budget hotel an older hotel convenient location kahului airport the aloha spirit housekeeping staff road to hana convenience gazebo ocean haleakala
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We stayed here after flying into Maui, left at 2:00 am for a Haleakala tour. It was barely good enough for those 8 hours. Sad rundown place. I expect everything to be expensive in Hawaii but wow, that was a lot of money for a really low-grade room. It really is beyond repair.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We stayed in this hotel for five nights in February 2018. We had booked a standard room. Apparently, all standard rooms are towards the road. During the first night, the hallway outside our room served as a main activity area to a large group of young people. Was more like what one would expect in a youth hostel, maybe, but certainly not in a hotel that charged us around 200$ a night. Aside from the room fee, we were also charged a so called amenity fee for things we think they should be included in the basic room fee. Staff were friendly, and our room was large and clean, so no complaints in that respect. Fortunately, there are restaurants in the vicinity that can be used without having to get into the car. The hotel restaurant is not always open when one would need it, or they only serve "all you can eat" food, thus furthering fat people of which there were already too many. The location is conveniently close to the airport, and there is free parking.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are all against the rather noisy road.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night to be close to the airport. That said, I don’t think I’d return. It’s old and dated. Run down and just feels depressing. See photos. Shower head had mold.

The resort fee of $20 covers the rooftop pool, dvds (current movies), and WiFi. The grounds are not lush but basic. The little beach out front is on the harbor.

The mattresses are better than the looks of the facility. Remote control a/c system and a large in-room refrigerator.

For Maui the cost is “affordable” and the island needs more of that, but at the same time, one night was more than enough.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were there on a 5 day vacation. I was horrified by the outside of the hotel. The woman that checked us in was not welcoming at all. The first time I saw bugs was on the elevator. The minute we enter the room "ISLAND BUGS" a.k.a ROACHES (where we come from) all over the room.
The girl at the front desk said "oh yes we have them every where" "The island is infested with them". It didn't matter if we took another room these "ISLAND BUGS"/ROACHES are everywhere.
This hotel set the tone for the entire trip. We flew all that way to stay in a place like that. I had to buy RAID/ROACH SPRAY, ROACH MOTELS and CLOROX BLEACH SPRAY TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM.
Bathroom was not clean, there was a bad odor in the entire hotel.
My husband and I bought extra large zip lock bags to put our suitcases in, we were not trying to bring back any ROACHES home.
When we returned home I had my house sprayed just to be on the safe side.
This place should be demolished immediately!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sariena D
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This hotel is reasonably priced for being so close to airport. Hotel is basic but the staff is anything but basic--- warm, friendly, cheerful. Happy to help you out when needed. Shuttle services is free. Our trip to and from airport was flawless and done with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business