“this is a ZERO STAR, to be clear”

Siu's Chinese Kitchen
Ranked #122 of 167 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

my biggest regret? for not having gone into my tripadvisor app to read the reviews for Siu’s. we strolled around and i saw this place and thought food looked decent on the display. im a huge chinese roasted duck and fried egg rolls fan. but thanks to this place, they might have done me a huge favor: ruined my unhealthy craving!
the roasted duck was COLD, yes not even luke warm. i was about to pay extra to order the roasted pork and the rice or chowmein but i thank the heavens i did not. who knows what torture that would have been. the veggie deep fried egg rolls were of course COLD ...AND STALE. how on earth did they pass the health department inspection or were they exempt?

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I live in Las Vegas and spend perhaps a month at a time 3 times a year and find that fooderies of less than $10 a meal are few and far between.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Came there for some carry out food, ordered the sweet and sour pork with chowmein. Sweet and sour was soggy, but tasted okay. Service was friendly, total was about $8.00.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Siu's kitchen is a staple at Maui Mall. It has been there for years and Siu the owner may just serve you. Set up as a a buffet much like the chain Chinese food stores such as Oanda exoress. Sui has a different variety of home cooked Chinese foods.. Siu's also cooks to order many of my favorites such as Peking duck.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We had 15 minutes before a movie and wanted to eat something fast. As it turned out this place was perfect because their food isn't edible.
We walked in and a lady was sitting at a table but didn't greet us. From here on, I'll refer to her as "The Wife." After a while a not-too-cheerful man with a very difficult accent came and mumbled something. Let's call him "The Husband."
We ordered roasted pork ($1 extra), sweet and sour something -- we asked a couple times but not exactly sure what it is. Maybe chicken, maybe more pork... and fried rice and a drink.
The drink was fine. The sweet and sour surprise was not edible. Really really gross. The roasted pork was fatty and cold. I didn't think pork could ever taste bad. I was wrong. The fried rice was the worst I've ever had, and it's really hard to screw up.
While we ate, The Husband sat with the Wife and argued loudly. You could tell it was an argument by their expressions and their tone. Maybe she didn't like the food either.
We ate 10% of the food, 90% of the drink, tossed 'em in the trash, and was out within 5 minutes. We went to the theater and watched a lot of previews while eating overpriced popcorn.
I've never had Chinese food this bad before.

Date of visit: November 2015