“Awesome experience!”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours - Maui
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is the premier helicopter company in Hawaii utilizing the latest technology helicopters and safety systems.
Westchester County, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed 18 January 2008

My husband and I decided to do a helicoper ride in Kauai to see the beautiful island. I did lots of research about different companies. There were 2 or 3 crashes that happened before we went with other companies. I wanted to pick the company with the cleanest record. Safety was the most important thing to us. It didn't matter that Blue Hawaiian was a little more expensive. How can you put a price on safety? We loved our 50 minute flight. The helicopter had 3 seats in front (one was for the pilot) and 4 seats in the back. I was on the window side in the back and my husband was next to me in the middle. They seat you according to weight. We both had great view of everything. Our piliot was really informative and then sometimes he didn't say anything which was nice just to relax and take in the scenerey with the music. Our headphone allowed us to talk to the other passengers as well as cancel out the noise. I took them off at one point to see how loud it really was and it was VERY loud, so those headphones worked great. The had 4 cameras outside the helicopter to document the trip. The Napali Coast was AMAZING! We bought the video afterwards too to capture our wonderful experience. Toward the end of the flight we got a little nausious because we were moving to show the "wettest spot on earth" to both sides of the helicopter and that got us a little dizzy. But we were fine. The flight was safe and what an experience! It was probably the coolest thing I have ever done.

9 Thank steph44w1

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Calgary
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“One of the best things I have ever done!”
Reviewed 14 December 2007

We had the West Maui tour booked, but due to weather and a booking glitch we got cancelled. When we showed up they quickly looked to see what they could do to fix the mistake for us. They ended up upgrading us to the 1 hour West Maui / Molokai tour. We went just after a heavy rain storm and there were waterfalls galore! The pilot said he only sees it that good one or two days a year. They were helpful, freindly and we got a great experience on an otherwise damp week.

5 Thank 230North
West Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“WOW!!! Incredible Views!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Our pilot was very professional and cordial. Lots of information.
Just a bunch of terrific scenery!!! We did the Maui Spectacular with the short stopoff on the mountain side. More great views from high above the Four Seasons...could see the other neighboring islands, downtown Kahului and other beaches.
MUST DO!!!

3 Thank jimvad
Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Don't Miss the Helicopter Ride of Your Life!”
Reviewed 22 October 2007

All I can say is WOW! Seeing Kauai by helicopter is fantastic! What a beautiful island! Our pilot was great, and he made sure to allow for good shots for us with our cameras and with the on-board video cameras (they sell a DVD of your trip for $25 in the office). From what I understand, Blue Hawaiian is the only company to use the Ecostar helicopters, which are quite comfy. I recommend this company highly for tours of Kauai.

8 Thank MarylandLabLady
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tour company”
Reviewed 19 October 2007

Blue Hawaiian really knows what they are doing and offer nice tours. My wife and I took them for the return portion of our Sky Trek tour to Hana in Maui. The air portion was great, but the ground tour in the van is NOT worth the money. We should have saved the money spent with Temptation Tours (they run Sky Trek) and taken a longer helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian instead!!

4 Thank TexasTas