All reviews hibiscus room refrigerator and coffee maker pull out couch within walking distance two nights main building taro suite poke accommodations
Reviewed 19 November 2016

My wife and I stayed at the cabin for 7 nights. The cabin has plenty of room, wonderful views, and the temperature was nice and cool at night due to the open breeze.

We loved the view of Waimea Canyon from the deck especially for sunrise and sunset. Canyon Drive is very very close to the cabin which made for easy day trips up the canyon for hiking and viewing the lookouts.

The cabin is also in walking distance of the Pier and the shops/stores of Waimea.

The Pier gives a stunning view of Ni' ihau island and the mountains of Kauai during sunset.

The pricing is comparatively lower when compared to something of similar size on the NE/ North side of the island.

The only constructive feedback I can give is that the yard man came unannounced multiple times and we had all of the windows open. A very quick comment leading up to the stay or at check in that someone might be coming around 'x' time of day would go a long way.

Overall, we loved the place, Carol and Patrick were very nice and knowledgeable, and would definitely recommend it to others.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louis C
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Stayed at the Inn for 1 night and the cottage for 2 nights. Pay for the upgrade to the cottages! It had a magnificent view of the canyon and a wide variety of wildlife right in the backyard. Carol (the manager) and Patrick (the owner) did everything to ensure any problems were taken care of.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ to stay in the cottages. They are great.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

DO NOT STAY HERE! I informed the woman who answers the phone that I would not be in until after 8pm - she told me the name of my room and said that the door would be unlocked for me. When I arrived, my room was locked. I called every number I had for the house (it is not a hotel, it's a house), but nobody answered. I ended up having to sleep in my CAR, which was freezing at night, and extremely uncomfortable. I called the woman over 20 times requesting a refund and she just never refunded me the $120 (lots of fees) that I had spent on a room. Detestable customers service, management, and leadership. Horrible location in a sketchy area as well. Don't risk it!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank Megan J
Patrick117788, General Manager at Inn Waimea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Foremost- we are in the "Fun Business"- we regret that Megan had complications with her stay that kept the Fun from happening.

We can say however, that we have after hours check-ins almost daily for our various properties. They happen consistently without a hitch. I suspect, that because Megan chose to book her room through a third party (booking.com), it created complications on her check in instructions and/or she did not follow them correctly. Because of the international nature of booking.com, we have seen miscommunication via language/dialects in the past. We have confirmed that the room was not locked and was available as in normal circumstances.

Our guests enjoy the Natural Beauty and Plantation Style of our town and side of the island. I believe that Megan was looking for a last minute, one night, discounted stay in a hotel; which we are not. Hotels do not exist on the West Side of Kauai and our typical guest appreciates this.

In addition to above, Megan was traveling alone. I would expect that any complication in this scenario would provide for amplified anxiety. I would expect most single travelers would anticipate this and avoid things like late/after hours check-ins. We always contact all guests a day in advance to coordinate a smooth check in. Megan said she would be arriving at 8pm and actually arrived at 10pm. I believe that when she got here late and likely tired, and the typical hotel services such as valet, concierge, bellhop, 24hr service, etc were not available she lost focus and could not follow the check in instructions. The after hours emergency contact info is provided both in the lobby area and on the check-in welcome letter. Unfortunately she was unable to locate either.

In summary, it's hard to come up with any other effort we could have made to provide a smooth check in for Megan. We provide check in instructions via our website and confirmations, we called her a day in advance to coordinate her check-in and confirm she had good directions/instructions, we left the lights on, a welcome letter for her at the entry, and her room was ready and accessible.

We are a smaller family style operation. Our units are thick with Classic Hawaiian character. Our staff friendly and accommodating. If this is what you are looking for, we look forward to seeing with you. If you are looking for a large hotel, please seek one out; you will be content in getting what you are looking for and we'll all be happier.

Happy travels to you~

Reviewed 16 August 2016

We booked a room for 3 nights. The host was very friendly and although we arrived at night everything was managed for our arrival.

Unfortunately the room was covered with bugs. It was quite disgusting to see how they ran over every edge of the furniture when switching on the lights. It was hard to fell asleep kowing them around. So we dicided to leave the light on during the night. For all that, sleeping was hard under these circumstances.

Nonetheless, the location ist quite good (near Waimea Canyon, some supermarkets around) and a quite tasty steakhouse around the Corner (but watch your orders - you might get something much more expensive and realizing it too late...different story....)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guppie21

Aloha Guppie21~

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our Staff and West Kauai Beauty.

We are saddened to hear you had a pest problem. We did have one unit about a year ago with a pest report. We have a professional service that comes quarterly and guarantees a pest free environment. Upon hearing of this issue, we contacted them immediately and they came out for an additional treatment. There have been no reports of pests since then.

We are in a tropical environment and we have had good overall results with our consistent pest treatments.

We hope to see you

Reviewed 17 March 2016

We stayed one night at Inn Waimea so we could be close to the Canyon during a week-long visit to Princeville on the other side of the island. The location was perfect, staff friendly and accommodating, and the room clean and airy. Waimea is a small town, so we could walk to dinner, shopping and shave ice. As a bonus, the Inn is right next to the beach and we had an after-dinner walk along the Ocean. The only downside was our room was on the ground floor right off the lobby with no view. The upper floors may be better for longer visits.

Stayed: March 2016