3,175 results
All reviews kauai grill butler service makana terrace st regis pacific dream photography four seasons junior suite pool beach our honeymoon green marble champagne sabering lobby bar pool staff turn down service breakfast buffet an ocean view room grand hyatt
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Our suite was spectacular! The suites were large with a bathroom unlike any I have seen before. There so many amenities in the room and the service was impeccable! My favorite part of the St Regis Princeville is the number of terraces you can access from the lobby levels. I would walk out there in the middle of the night and experience a full moon spiritual moment. It felt like I could touch it as it spoke to me.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018

The beach is surrounded with rock patches and mountains in front so it is not the kind of long sandy beach you could expect on an island where you could walk. The view from the beach is not an endless ocean but mountains and hills. Beautiful nonetheless but if you want to experience sugar sands beach, then there are better properties in the area.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We stayed in July for 4 days. I had a package that included breakfast for 2 however I had to argue multiple mornings that 2 of our 3 breakfast buffets were included. The waiters charged me AFTER I indicated I had a package. I think they were trying to slide in the extra charge hoping I didn’t notice. One morning both the waiter and hostess came to my table to tell me I did not have the breakfast package. Annoyed, I checked with the front desk and indeed I was correct. Not a peaceful breakfast experience.
Also -
When we checked out, I took a copy of my final bill. Later that night, and on my flight home, I received another bill with a SPA charge via email. I never used the SPA so I assumed a quick call would remove the charge. WRONG!!! I called the next morning ( Sunday) and got a run around trying to remove this incorrect charge. I was transfers to 3 different people .Nobody was able to help me. I kept calling daily for 5 days .5 DAYS!!!! It took many calls to get this charge removed. I was told that my husband bought a hat in the spa! That was funny since I traveled with 2 children. I don’t have a husband yet nobody believed me. I never had to fight so hard and make so many calls to remove an erroneous charge, I sincerely believe they hoped I would give up and quit pursuing the refund. Not the caliber service I would expect from the St Regis.
I will not return.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JerseyGirl0940
St Regis Prince... M, Guest Relations Manager at Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Aloha JerseyGirl0940,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Based on your review we can see that your stay was a frustration from beginning to end. This is not typical of our Resort and if you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact our Manager on Duty directly. We take all feedback very serious and we have shared your review with our Director of Outlets as well as our Finance department as these billing issues should have been handled right away.

With warmest aloha,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

St. Regis service which is outstanding is expected but you also stay here for the outstanding location. Yes, it's the rainy side of the island, but what you get in return is awesome mountains, cliffs, waterfalls, and great cloud action. There is a beautiful pool and sandy beach.
A bit remote compared to Poipu side of the island so if you just want to relax and be pampered, this is your place.

Room tip: don't miss the sunset view from the lounge terrace
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We have never stayed at the St. Regis, but typically stop in for a sunset cocktail and/or an overpriced meal when visiting Kauai.
The view is 5 star, the Mai Tai's are legit, and $16! But definitely more enjoyable than the free Mai Tai I was given at my resort, which included well rum and generic pineapple juice from a can...
Had a celebratory meal there with family on our most recent trip...meal was ok, but not knock your socks off, and not exactly good value at about $120 per person! Have enjoyed many a steak more than the one I had that night. Enjoyed several other meals on the island more than this particular one.
They did throw a complimentary glass of bubbles our way acknowledging our birthdays, which was nice. (Is it complimentary if we're dropping $120 each?)
They would not reserve a window table for us despite asking when we made reservation...got a table towards the back of the restaurant.
Staff was pleasant and competent.
If you go, know what you are getting into. This is indulgence, but you are on an island in the middle of the ocean...
Ultimately, if not staying here, I would recommend simply having a cocktail at sunset looking over the bay. Bar seats 1st come/1st serve, get there a bit early.

Date of stay: July 2018
St Regis Prince... M, Public Relations Manager at Princeville Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Aloha tallguyshortgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our Resort. We appreciate you choosing our Resort to celebrate a special occasion and we apologize that your experience was anything less than exceptional. We hope you will allow us another opportunity in near future to experience all that our Resort has to offer.

With warmest aloha,