“Good, not great, massage experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alexander Day Spa & Salon
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

This is a convenient spa if you are staying at any of the Marriotts east side of the island. The receptionists are friendly and helpful. The therapists are good, but the massage tables and head rests are very uncomfortable--rickety, probably for portability, but difficult for true relaxation. So I believe it's a bit expensive for the overall experience.

2  Thank Vateresa16

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

The massage itself was great and very professional but the place wasn't as expected or as you think a SPA from Marriot would be.
It's very expensive and the experience was just basic.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Every year I make time for a 50 minute massage on the beach here at the Marriott. Imagine relaxing under a shaded canopy just yards from breaking waves on Kalapaki Beach. My masseuse, Michiko, (hope I spelled it correctly), used a wonderful combination of pressure points and traditional therapy. I could feel and hear the knots in my back and neck melting away. The coconut lotion hydrated my desert skin. With tip it costs about $3 per minute and so worth every dollar. Wish I could afford to do this every day of my life.

Les J, General Manager at Alexander Day Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Aloha Susan, Im glad to hear you have had a wonderful experience at our beach cabana massage tent with Machiko, she's such a wonderful massage therapist. If you ever back vacationing on Kauai again,please stop in to visit us and say hello.

Les Jacinto
Alexander Day Spa & Salon

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are here on our honeymoon and figured we'd do a couples massage so we could unwind from all the exploring and traveling we've been doing. This was by far the worst massages we have ever had in our lives. There was construction going on during the massage, which we understand is totally out of their control. However, the massage itself was just awful.....

No Massage therapist out there should ever rub someone's feet and then attempt to rub someone's face! Also, they took the head rest pillow case off and put it over our faces!! Seriously, you're located in the Marriott, you don't have a clean facecloth to put over our face?!?

This place is a ripoff and waste of time! I feel more stressed out after that massage then I did beforehand.

1  Thank aly1080