“Not what expected ”

Add it.
Alexander Day Spa & Salon
Ranked #3 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

The massage itself was great and very professional but the place wasn't as expected or as you think a SPA from Marriot would be.
It's very expensive and the experience was just basic.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Every year I make time for a 50 minute massage on the beach here at the Marriott. Imagine relaxing under a shaded canopy just yards from breaking waves on Kalapaki Beach. My masseuse, Michiko, (hope I spelled it correctly), used a wonderful combination of pressure points and traditional therapy. I could feel and hear the knots in my back and neck melting away. The coconut lotion hydrated my desert skin. With tip it costs about $3 per minute and so worth every dollar. Wish I could afford to do this every day of my life.

Les J, General Manager at Alexander Day Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Aloha Susan, Im glad to hear you have had a wonderful experience at our beach cabana massage tent with Machiko, she's such a wonderful massage therapist. If you ever back vacationing on Kauai again,please stop in to visit us and say hello.

Les Jacinto
Alexander Day Spa & Salon

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are here on our honeymoon and figured we'd do a couples massage so we could unwind from all the exploring and traveling we've been doing. This was by far the worst massages we have ever had in our lives. There was construction going on during the massage, which we understand is totally out of their control. However, the massage itself was just awful.....

No Massage therapist out there should ever rub someone's feet and then attempt to rub someone's face! Also, they took the head rest pillow case off and put it over our faces!! Seriously, you're located in the Marriott, you don't have a clean facecloth to put over our face?!?

This place is a ripoff and waste of time! I feel more stressed out after that massage then I did beforehand.

1  Thank aly1080
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided on a couples message after a hike. It was great. The message therapist was attentive and very good. We both would recommend this spa.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Half of the enjoyment of Spa at a resort, especially resort like the Marriott - Lihue is the atmosphere. After you check in, you wait on benches for your massage therapist. Yep, hard wooden benches. No locker room, no waiting area, no place to get into the mood for a special treatment.

Now having said that, I did have a Facial and Head Massage and it was fantastic. Now if only Marriott or more like Alexander Day Spa could match their waiting area with the high level of massage, I'd give this place 5-stars.

It's expensive but most are and again, my therapist was worth it. Suggest reservations but not required.