“Exceptional massage”

Add it.
Alexander Day Spa & Salon
Ranked #3 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided on a couples message after a hike. It was great. The message therapist was attentive and very good. We both would recommend this spa.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Half of the enjoyment of Spa at a resort, especially resort like the Marriott - Lihue is the atmosphere. After you check in, you wait on benches for your massage therapist. Yep, hard wooden benches. No locker room, no waiting area, no place to get into the mood for a special treatment.

Now having said that, I did have a Facial and Head Massage and it was fantastic. Now if only Marriott or more like Alexander Day Spa could match their waiting area with the high level of massage, I'd give this place 5-stars.

It's expensive but most are and again, my therapist was worth it. Suggest reservations but not required.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Loved my massage. Really it was Perfect. My Therapist was awesome. She knew how to make my back better. Very good at what she does. They also offer massage outside on the beach. I used the spa. Its a great way to unwind. BTW I had the 80 min massage

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

As one other person commented, I was very much excited for my massage package. It was a splurge for the trip, but I figured it'd be well worth it. My actual massage was good, which is why I've given it three stars. Here's what I was disappointed with:

1. There's no lounge of any type when you arrive. Typically you arrive at a spa where you're taken to a room and can relax before your service with tea, water, etc..here you wait in the hallway of the main hotel until you're called.
2. The room was chilly, the bed was not heated, the lotion was cold.
3. I selected a scrub package which required me to shower after the scrub and before he massage,". The shower was located in the main (and only) bathroom. I was given a scraggly robe to wear afterwards.

I like to go for massages not only for the actual massage but for the overall relaxation that the entire experience brings. If you feel similarly, I would skip this spa. There is a lot of detail put into the hotel and the surrounding grounds, but that detail skipped this spa.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

I had my bridal hairstyle done by Brenda. She is amazing, very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly. She did my hair as well as my friends for my wedding.... oh and we also got lashes applied. Oh la la. My hair is very long and very heavy and somehow this amazing woman got curls to stay. Will recommend to everyone!!