“Didn't eat here...rude rude hostess!”

Naupaka Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naupaka Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 130 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the Kauai Beach Resort
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Family was starving and we are staying nextdoor in a condo, so we decided to walk over and grab a quick dinner. When I arrived I asked to see a kids menu since there was nothing on the main menu I knew my kids would eat. Immediately the hostess asked for my kids ages. She told me that they would have to order off the adult menu. I explained that there was nothing my kids would eat and that it wasn't about the money, just wanted to make sure that my kids would eat if we stayed. At first she told me 5 min wait...no problem, then after the "kids menu incident" that wait turned to 45 minutes although the place was practically empty!

Keep in mind this is a family resort, with a kiddy pool, waterslide, etc. They should have food kids will eat.

We left and drove to Brick Oven Pizza in Kapaa. Were treated like kings there. Oh well Naupaka, guess you didn't need my $200 for dinner. Good luck!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

The waiters try but the food quality is average at best and the hostess staff are so unorganized & rude you are more than frustrated by the time they seat you.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This restaurant has a good breakfast menu and buffet service. The dinner buffet is pricey but has good options. The menu is also very good.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Aqua Beach Resort Hotel and had breakfast at this restaurant every day. The food was usually really good and the waiters nice. But on Christmas Day, we arrived at our usual hour for breakfast, with a full day of activities planned in Kauai as usual. We were informed that there would be at least a 30 minute wait, that there were no other options around, it was a busy day, and they didn’t have enough tables available. We called the manager and she was able to accommodate us at the bar next door, without any service though, per our suggestion. She said they face this problem every year. Why not open the bar next door and hire more servers then? It is absurd that they would make people wait that long to serve their own guests for breakfast on Christmas Day - or ever! They should have enough space to serve all of their guests for breakfast at least. Never seen this in any other hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I ate dinner here my first night staying at the resort because I was starving and exhausted. They were offering a buffet that night and the server was pushing it but I politely declined. I was especially glad I did when I saw the flyer for it in the elevator and saw it was $54 a person! I got the mac crusted fish and it along with the sides were good, but it was almost $30. I used one of the coupons you get at check in for a free coconut shrimp appetizer when you purchase an entree. The server took the coupon and I never got the shrimp. When the server came back inquiring about desert I informed her of the shrimp never coming and she quickly apologized and brought them out. They were a bit overcooked and there were only three shrimp, but hey they were free. The bread and butter they bring out when you are seated is also very good. The menu is very limited and it's a bit over priced in my opinion.