“No table on Christmas Day! ”

Naupaka Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naupaka Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 125 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the Kauai Beach Resort
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Aqua Beach Resort Hotel and had breakfast at this restaurant every day. The food was usually really good and the waiters nice. But on Christmas Day, we arrived at our usual hour for breakfast, with a full day of activities planned in Kauai as usual. We were informed that there would be at least a 30 minute wait, that there were no other options around, it was a busy day, and they didn’t have enough tables available. We called the manager and she was able to accommodate us at the bar next door, without any service though, per our suggestion. She said they face this problem every year. Why not open the bar next door and hire more servers then? It is absurd that they would make people wait that long to serve their own guests for breakfast on Christmas Day - or ever! They should have enough space to serve all of their guests for breakfast at least. Never seen this in any other hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I ate dinner here my first night staying at the resort because I was starving and exhausted. They were offering a buffet that night and the server was pushing it but I politely declined. I was especially glad I did when I saw the flyer for it in the elevator and saw it was $54 a person! I got the mac crusted fish and it along with the sides were good, but it was almost $30. I used one of the coupons you get at check in for a free coconut shrimp appetizer when you purchase an entree. The server took the coupon and I never got the shrimp. When the server came back inquiring about desert I informed her of the shrimp never coming and she quickly apologized and brought them out. They were a bit overcooked and there were only three shrimp, but hey they were free. The bread and butter they bring out when you are seated is also very good. The menu is very limited and it's a bit over priced in my opinion.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We’re staying at the Kaua’i beach resort so after a particularly long day we opted to stay “in” for dinner instead of going back off-property. Mistake. I mean not terrible but very basic stuff for pretty expensive prices. I had a salad and my husband had the fish sandwich. Two cocktails and we were shelling out $65 for a mediocre dinner. Wish I could get that one back. Good thing we did that early in our trip. Now we muster the energy to go off property...no matter what.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This was the worst experience my husband and I had at a restaurant... probably EVER! And we go out to eat A LOT!
Today is Thanksgiving and we made a reservation for 7pm. We get there about 6:50p and they can’t find our reservation. But they seated us anyways, which we appreciated. The server, Kewelani (we think) took a little longer than we were used to but we figured it’s a holiday and they were probably swamped (although it didn’t look like it, had lots of open seats). Finally when she came, she basically took our order (no explanation of specials- since it was Thanksgiving and they did have a “modified” menu- but that’s ok too. We basically just wanted to enjoy our last night’s meal in Kauai). We ordered the Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner. The food was served very quickly but our food was cold. Not warm(definitely not hot) but cold like room temp. We notified the server and she took both of our plates back. She came back about 5 min later. She brought back the same plates(I know because I took few bites of my turkey and had s little bit of cranberry sauce still on it). She didn’t wait, just dropped them off and off she went. We took bites into our food and no change. They were still cold. What did the cooks do? Probably nothing... and I’m hoping they didn’t spit in our food now. We wanted to say something but the server Kewelani was no where to be found. So we ate our turkey dinner cold. The server finally came back around but NEVER did she stop at our table to see if things are ok... she stopped at the tables next to us, across from us, across from the table next to us, and the table diagonal from us. But she completely skipped our table until the end. So when we told her that we ate our food cold, her response was “oh I’m sorry. I’m pretty sure I saw the cook put fresh food on the plates”. REALLY?!?!? You brought back the plate that had bites taken with cranberry sauce on the meat to me! Then she had the nerve to ask if we wanted to get dessert! NO WE DON’T! We wanted to get the heck out! This WAS the worst meal we’ve ever had and the worst service we’ve ever had! We spoke to the Manager of the restaurant Will after... hope he can do some training to improve. Until then, I don’t recommend this place EVER!!!

1  Thank Harumi H
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We stayed at the hotel and the dinner menu was very limited. Although the view and the service were first class the lamb hamburger was very average and overpriced.