“Incredibly flavorful burger”

Kickshaws
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Lawai
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Street Food
Description: WE WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL OCTOBER 10, 2018. Kickshaws is a gourmet mobile food truck business, the first of its kind on Kaua'i. Kickshaws is owned and operated by Seth Peterson. What separates Kickshaws from other trucks on the island is cooking technique and flavor combinations. The term, science forward food, helps to describe the cuisine of Kickshaws. Gourmet diner food with a definite twist. We use sous vide cooking and other avant garde techniques to create truly unique and delicious dishes. We look forward to tantilizing your tastebuds.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was the second stop on our South Food Tour. It's a food truck but the owners are 100% foodies and totally into what they produce. They are constantly thinking about how to improve and what would be interesting to try.

We tried a burger and seriously, one of the best, most tender, most flavorful burgers in my life.

They are totally farm to table and absolutely are committed to putting out healthy, flavorful, interesting food that is fun to eat.

They are open only 3 days a week so check their schedule but check them out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was a bit put off when the chef wouldn't let me get ketchup with my burger. However, once I had the first bite, I realized it wasn't jut a burger but rather a culinary experience. While the burger itself was the best I've had and would have tasted good with simply ketchup, the combination that was created far exceed my expectations. It's ok to try something new every now and then.- It was off the chain.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The 100% Awesome Burger wasn’t a lie! Best burger I’ve had in a long time! We ate here as part of the food tour, and my only regret is that we couldn’t go back a second time. The hours on their website were not updated so we were too late on Friday and they were cleaning up. We’ll definitely try again on our next trip!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stopped here after looking up quick places to eat after a long morning of exploring. My husband had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, and my son had a hamburger. My daughter ordered the hot totties (which is tater tots with jack cheese). All meals get a thumbs up.

There are several trucks here to choose from, and all the food from any of them looked amazing.

The truck sits in a lot next to a large building with different vendors, giving it a high end flea market feel. Also had the cleanest rest rooms out of all the ones we have used.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We have been delighted to have Kickshaws at our timeshare once a week this winter. We have tried most of their menu and have enjoyed everything. Favorites would be the 20% bacon hamburger and pork belly sandwich. We have never tried food from a food truck before so were very skeptical but have thoroughly enjoyed this food.