“Never disappointed ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Kilauea
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: A bakery, cafe, and pizzeria, Kilauea Bakery & Pizza is a great spot to rub shoulders with locals and visitors alike. Tropical Danish and yummy confections infused with macadamia nuts, lilikoi, and other exotic exciting flavors, as well as fresh breads, sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, pizza's and calzones.
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

The best place for a bagel and some coffee not to mention the amazing vegan chocolate cake omg the pizza is to die for so flavorful and the gorgonzola dipping sauce out of this world !!!! I been coming here since I was small the owner was my ⚽️ coach and his daughter my friend and class mate awesome good hearted people....

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We had a lunch here on our last trip to Kauai and just happened to be in the lovely little shopping area of Kilauea at lunch time today and decided to revisit this great and popular spot. We each had a cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel. Bagels appear to be made in house and were very good. This isn’t your normal spread of plain cream cheese topped with lox, onion and capers. They have made a smoked salmon/cream cheese spread to put on the bagels which probably helps a small place keep up with the steady stream of people packed in their doorway and narrow order area. Our bagel choice was limited but we both enjoyed the artichoke heart bagels with our smoked salmon cream cheese spread. We also snared the last cinnamon bun and shared it: a butter flakey bread with a nice amount of cinnamon spread on the layers that were then rolled and cut into buns to rise, then topped after baking with cream cheese frosting. A very fine cinnamon bun indeed. We also purchased a white sourdough loaf - good bread (truly good bread) being a challenge to find on the Hawai’ian Islands)). We haven’t tried it yet but I have high hopes for this loaf of bread. If we weren’t staying on the south end of the island, we would be back at the Kilauea Bakery regularly to eat and to take their baking back to our place. A real gem - definitely worth a stop for a meal, snack, or to buy granola or baked goods to take with you.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Went here on a Saturday morning. It was hopping and they were out of a few things I ordered the last whole breakfast stromboli, a smoothy and a danish. All the food tasted great and the prices were reasonable. My only complaint is that they were rushing about and there was no real order tracking system. The lady at the counter took the stromboli and placed it on the service counter to be plated and heated. I paid and waited for it to be warmed up. The lady back at the oven they use for heating the food that needs to be served hot cut the stromboli in half and placed the second half back in the display for sale. The lady working the display then sold the second half of the stromboli to the next customer. When I order was served to me with only half of the stromboli that I ordered they figured out their error and since I had ordered first took the second half of the stromboli and gave it to me then had to refund the second customer. This could have been avoided if they had some sort of order ticket that followed the food through the process. But in spite of the inconvenience they got it sorted out in the end.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Came here on a Saturday night and apparently it was a busy one.
We sat inside and kept hearing people (tourists) come in and demand to know when their food would be ready. It was kind of strange. The counter staff were all very friendly and nice and patient with these queries, but we were puzzled why the tourists kept storming in because we were clearly told when we ordered it was busy and would be at least 30 minutes. Why did the tourists seem to all ignore this? Seriously, it was strange. We saw two separate people come in and just stand at the end of the counter and stare down the wait staff like that would bring their food out faster. All the locals seemed to come in and pick up their pizza to go. Probably because they know better to avoid these strange out-of-towners trying to pull stink eye on the staff. Seriously, it's a small town on a Saturday night on an island. Chill out a little, visitors.
We started with a really nice green salad. Lots of tasty veggies and the croutons (old bread) was good. We got 1/2 and 1/2 on our Medium pizza (Provencal and Pesto Mystic). One was definitely more tasty than the other, but I forget which one! Tons of veggies.
We left there pleasantly full and had enjoyed seeing the Kong Lung center. Would definitely make a point to stop here for breakfast of going to the lighthouse.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Upon my recent travels, I was in the area and was exploring some yoga classes and was out and about when I came across this cute little pizza shop. The service and quality of personal pan were exceptional. Highly recommended location. I would love to revisit on my next trip.