All reviews yogurt continental breakfast boutique hotel bike path peggy sue banana bread small hotel ocean front jacuzzi tub every morning free bikes paved walking beach chairs and towels palm trees lovely pool rooms were very clean the entire staff
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

So amazing they let us use their gazebo when our wedding planner didn't get us the right permits. Amazing venue gorgeous beach. Can't say enough about this place! So gracious! Love it here. THANK YOU!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here. Wonderful ocean front room with great view of the ocean, free use of bicycles, there is a bike path right next to the water. Very easy walking to the Main Street shops. Very nice swimming pool. Swimming beach very very close. They provide beach towels, in room fridge, microwave, coffee. They provide a continental breakfast.
Personnel are super nice and helpful.
I wish the ceiling fan was not wired in to a light switch. We like having a ceiling fan on at night. There is a way to intense light on all night by the pool. Although it did not affect us while we were in our room. It just adds a great deal of night sky light pollution.
I would give Coral Reef 4.5 stars 5 if not for the fan wiring and pool light.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David O
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Service was amazing, room was clean, breakfast was basic but plenty to start your day with. Be sure to eat in the area just outside the lobby- we met fellow guests and had a great time. We will definitely be back- my hard to please family loved this place.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful. Central location - 45 minutes was furthest we drove to any destination.

You can walk to many restaurants, an ABC store for any basics you may have left at home.

Chickens were everywhere but scattered when staff came near- they knew staff would shoo them away. Embrace it but don’t get near them- they aren’t pets.

Let me address some of the issues of the negative info on a recent post- yes, there are homeless people nearby on the other side of the bike path. Sadly, it’s reality- we use it to teach family about mental illness and choices people make as well as how fortunate you are. I had zero roaches-we also had a bottom floor room so maybe the chickens ate them (not kidding).

Hotel being renovated but the construction team was very respectful of the guests so it did not impact us.

We were on the bottom floor and enjoyed the ability to walk out and watch the sun rise.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kmbbrooks
Reviewed 11 July 2018

So I want to start by saying that this hotel at first glance was super cute. The staff was welcoming and friendly, always saying hello and asking if we needed anything. The location could not have been better, we were literally steps from shopping and restaurants in the center of Kapa'a and better yet directly on the beach! There was a perfect walking path behind the hotel that went for miles along the beach and was a beautiful walk. When we checked in the resident manager let us know that they had beach towels, coolers, chairs, bikes, and more that we could borrow for free while we were guests which was super convenient! Every morning they had a continental breakfast with fresh fruits, pastries, yogurt and granola, coffee, etc.

The room at first glance was nice. We had a balcony with a view of the ocean which was exactly what we wanted! The furniture was decent looking and not what you would expect in a hotel room, it looked like Tommy Bahama furniture! The room appeared clean at first glance when we entered, as long as you didn't look at the edge of the tub inside the shower door, behind the bed, inside the cabinet where the refrigerator was kept, along the edges of the tile baseboards, etc. The carpet was in dire need of replacing and was almost sticky to walk on.

The worst part was the roaches. The place was crawling with German Roaches and they blew it off completely. The first time I reported it the manager asked me if I'd like him to come spray with Raid. Really? Anyone who knows anything about German Roaches knows that will NOT work. They literally were running across the floor in the middle of the night, on the counters, the walls, under the fridge, etc. We had prepaid for the room and no compensation was offered, so we felt stuck. I literally did not sleep more than and hour each night because I was constantly looking awound making sure they weren't on the bed. UGH!!! I've stayed in my fair share of motels/hotels/resorts in my life and NEVER EVER seen a roach in my room...just disgusting!

On checkout day there was one crawling on the refrigerator cabinet in broad daylight. We mentioned the issue to the desk on the way out and they said, "oh it's summer" and "the exterminator sprayed last month but he'll be back next week, that's probably why they're out". Ummmm...how about you have a serious problem and clearly need a new exterminator. I will be fighting for my money back on this one.

One other complete drawback was the homeless/druggies who would sit on the beach every day behind the hotel. I watched them all drinking straight from their cheap plastic vodka bottles, and sharing pipes/needles/etc. Definitely glad I didn't have kids with me to see that happening!

Room Tip: Pick another place!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JandC7117
Reviewed 2 July 2018

This was a last-minute hotel choice on a last-minute trip! WOW! Awesome choice! We chose an oceanfront room because, really, it was only $13 more. The view was amazing! The staff here is very friendly and helpful. Since we arrived after closing, the manager left us keys in an envelope and told us to check in in the morning! They have a light breakfast offered, but if you want something more, there is a nice restaurant right across the street. Also, there are food trucks within walking distance from the hotel in either direction. A special feature of this hotel is that they let you borrow beach towels, beach chairs, and bicycles! We definitely took advantage. I love this property and will return again next year!! FYI-this is a very quiet neighborhood that shuts down at 9pm

Room Tip: Absolutely get the ocean view room!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family