“Great hiking guide in Waimea canyon”

Kauai Hiking Adventures
Ranked #6 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2005, we are Kauai's premiere hiking company. Kauai Hiking Adventures offers private, guided hiking tours suitable for all fitness and ability levels. All of our hiking tours are completely private and customized according to your personal preference, physical ability level and the prevailing local weather conditions. Kauai Hiking Adventures acknowledges and respects your unique individuality and takes the time to design a hiking tour that is just right for you.
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I hired Andrew from Kauai Hiking Adventures for a full day of hiking in Waimea Canyon. We had an excellent experience. He drove us all over the canyon. We hiked some trails that were known and some trails that were secret and very special. He drove us places in his lifted 4x4 we would never have gone on our own. He provided hiking poles and 'chains' for our feet on slippery trails. The chains helped my wife feel more confident "like a gecko" gripping the muddy trail. He brought us to a nice location for lunch and provided fresh coconuts that he cut open to sip the refreshing milk. Andrew customized the day according to what we wanted to see and do. We proceeded according to our own pace. Andrew was very knowledgeable about Kauai and concerned about the environment. He was friendly and very personable. He is also a good photographer and offered to take our photo several times - we got some great shots. We highly recommend using Kauai Hiking Adventures. The day spent hiking with Andrew was an excellent value and a good investment to get the most from your vacation.

All reviews
"incredible experience"
"experienced guide"
"the entire trip"

Reviewed 3 November 2017

My husband and I spent the day with Andrew in Waimea Valley. The weather was not great but Andrew was determined to find some great spots for us to hike. The 4 wheel drive was not wasted! He is great company, knowledgeable, and determined to find great hiking trails that are suited to the individual and the weather. Andrew is great company and a great guide.Wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

A fantastic experience not to be missed when visiting Kauai. I cannot thank my guide Jenny enough for making this an experience not soon to be forgotten.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I am so grateful that I found this company. I have hiked various trails in Waimea canyon in the past and even hiked the entire Kalalau trail. Unfortunately I have been nursing a knee injury and thought that hiring an experienced guide would be prudent since I was going to have my 25 year old niece with me on this trip to HI. This experience was worth every penny. I can not say enough about his amazing day. Andrew is extremely genuine, bright, knowledgeable, creative, and mature beyond his years. I am actually getting choked up as I write this. My niece has not stopped talking about our experience. Andrew tailored our hike knowing that my knee might not be up for something all too steep. The trails he navigated for us were just right. Not very long (remember that a 1-2 mile hike can take a few hours on this terrain), and with absolutely breathtaking views. I brought my own trekking poles, but Andrew had poles for me. I have told everyone I have met here in HI about our special day and have recommended that they use his services. You will not be disappointed. Kauai is one of the beautiful places on earth and hiking is one of the best ways to experience all it has to offer. Andrew and his crew will make sure your experience is evrything you were expecting and more!

2  Thank sharkazy