Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Great afternoon!

Tough it was my first kayak experience I enjoyed it very much. As there is no current on the river... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Maria M
Rome, Italy
Kayak to a hidden waterfall

I'm not going to lie, Kayaking the only river in Hawaii is not a cake walk. My husband had just... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
pvillejennie
Plainfield, IL

Recommended experiences in and around Kapaa
from US$135.20
from US$123.96
from US$88.12
from US$155.21
2,932 results
All reviews the river secret falls our tour guide great guide great trip dry bags water shoes own pace beautiful waterfall flora and fauna other companies hiking portion a lot of fun highly recommend this trip the entire trip an adventure mile hike
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of 5 with varying kayaking is experience did this tour today on "the wettest day of the year.” Lisa and Shana were our guides and both did a fantastic job, were patient, provided lots of information and good tips to make the day perfect. They provided free loaner shoes which we were happy about. We brought our own water shoes but with the mud, sturdy shoes were helpful. The views at Secret Falls were so worth all the slipping and sliding in mud! We highly recommend using Kayak Wailua and recommend the early tour before it gets too crowded. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to be a little adventurous while Honeymooning in Kauai. We could not have picked a more perfect activity to partake in! First of all, it was a 3 minute walk from our stay. Our tour guide Lisa, was not only knowledgeable about the river and mountainous range, but had a positive and wonderful personality. She took her time to teach us the ins and outs of kayaking and how to easily deal with the very muddy mountainous terrain. You cannot beat the surrounding scenery. Most importantly there's no better staff to do business with. Everyone we interacted with was very kind and accommodating from start to finish! P.S if your coming during this time of year be sure to bring an old pair of sneakers you don't mind Getting muddy or leaving behind as it is extremely muddy on the trail! If not, don't worry. They have plenty of shoes on the property to borrow.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and 10 year old daughter did this tour and had a blast! Lisa, our tour guide, was so nice, informative and really made the experience! From beginning to end, we had a terrific time and a memorable adventure. Definitely use their loaner tennis shoes because the mud is intense but fun and highly recommend doing the morning tour.

1  Thank Kebrpa
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our Family had an amazing adventure with Kayak Wailua. The journey and experience was far beyond our expectations. Our guides James and Reed were welcoming, informative and great company. James taught my girls words in Hawaiian and they loved sharing stories with him. Would do it again and recommend to all my friends!!!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I couldn't imagine a better last day to our Kauai vacation than spending it kayaking up the Wailua River with Ricky as our guide. He was very knowledgable of local plant and animal life, while being helpful and kind to everyone on our tour. Kayaking up the Wailua was beautiful. The hike to the falls was very muddy which added some humor to the trip. The falls were spectacular. I would recommend this trip to anyone. If you are lucky, you will also have Ricky as your guide.
Mahalo,