Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Great afternoon!

Tough it was my first kayak experience I enjoyed it very much. As there is no current on the river... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Maria M
Rome, Italy
Kayak to a hidden waterfall

I'm not going to lie, Kayaking the only river in Hawaii is not a cake walk. My husband had just... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
pvillejennie
Plainfield, IL

Recommended experiences in and around Kapaa
from US$135.20
from US$123.96
from US$88.12
from US$155.21
2,932 results
All reviews the river secret falls our tour guide great guide great trip dry bags water shoes own pace beautiful waterfall flora and fauna other companies hiking portion a lot of fun highly recommend this trip the entire trip an adventure mile hike
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our Family had an amazing adventure with Kayak Wailua. The journey and experience was far beyond our expectations. Our guides James and Reed were welcoming, informative and great company. James taught my girls words in Hawaiian and they loved sharing stories with him. Would do it again and recommend to all my friends!!!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I couldn't imagine a better last day to our Kauai vacation than spending it kayaking up the Wailua River with Ricky as our guide. He was very knowledgable of local plant and animal life, while being helpful and kind to everyone on our tour. Kayaking up the Wailua was beautiful. The hike to the falls was very muddy which added some humor to the trip. The falls were spectacular. I would recommend this trip to anyone. If you are lucky, you will also have Ricky as your guide.
Mahalo,
Shirley and Alex

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great adventure with Renee. It was a perfect day to kayak up the river! We did the 8 am tour. Not too crowded and the temperature was nice. Renee was knowledgeable, friendly and laid back. She tells you what you need to know but doesn’t talk your ear off.
The trail was muddy but it made for some fun hiking. Don’t wear your favorite light colored swimsuits or shoes if it’s been raining! We were mid calf in a few mud puddles. The hike can be a little challenging but our 7 yr old did fine. Grab a walking stick and you’ll be fine.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a great trip paddling up the river with our guide, James. He was laid back and easygoing, but still informative. The one way paddling section is about 2 miles, and while you are working, it's still pretty relaxing and manageable. The hike section was seriously muddy, but our guide had us take the forest route, and showed us some ancient Hawaiian ruins on the way. Bring shoes you don't mind getting filthy (or borrow from the kayak shop.)

The waterfall is seriously beautiful. I don't think it's much of a secret anymore, because there are quite a few people there, but it doesn't take away from its beauty.

We had a great time on our half day trip. Time flew by.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank peejaybird
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My friend and I really enjoyed the tour! We had an amazing day, that included kayaking, hiking through the forest and swimming in the Waterfall. Even though the hike was very muddy it was definitely worth it! James was an awesome tour guide with lots of knowledge about the area and its nature. He was very patient with the group. Thanks for this great adventure, we would definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Julia B