1,277 results
All reviews golf course the big island full kitchen waikoloa beach resort bay club main resort master bedroom hilton grand vacations time share family vacation third floor great vacation small pool washer dryer shuttle service great amenities hot tub
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Love this property - we've stayed here 5-6 times. Staff is friendly, units are spacious and the location is excellent. It felt like it was time for our unit to be updated as there were some visible signs of wear and tear - especially in the kitchen and with squeaky laminate floors.

1  Thank robertjH8331MK
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Security came to our room because we had money missing and never followed up with us. Ants in kitchen they sprayed after we told them but did not solve the issue. Pool is not kid freindly and no late check outs

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the pest control issue you experienced in your suite, I’ve requested our pest control vendor to follow-up to prevent a recurrence. All guest claims and concerns are taken very seriously, please review my response regarding your claim that I sent to you via email or please respond to our security department’s attempts to contact you via phone. Your additional comments on your stay featured on TripAdvisor are appreciated, wishing you well on your future travels!

Mahalo,
Cheryl Amsbary
Resort Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Our family of four did a HGV package at a greatly discounted price that included a 2 bedroom condo here and a rental car. The service and accomodations were top notch but you really do need a car to explore the area. It was nice to have all the amentities of the Hilton Waikoloa Village & then escape the bustle to the Kohala suites for some quite time. We ate breakfast in our condo every morning & a lunch or dinner there as well. Views were beautiful, lots to do!

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Several great dining experiences nearby (5 at Hilton Waikoloa, Lava Lava Beach Club, local resorts, not to mention Kona & Waimea) or dine in your room by stocking up in Kona, Waikoloa Village or Island Gourmet Market in Queen's MarketPlace.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I book our trip several months in advance and specifically requested a top-level condo, after reading the reviews. I made sure they put my request in the computer and was assured that they would do everything possible to honor my request. Then, I called again about two weeks Broder my stay to make sure I, indeed, had a top-level condo. Again, I was told my request was in the computer and told there was no reason why rheum wouldn't honor my request. So, you can imagine my surprise when I arrive and was told our condo was on the bottom floor! When I inquired about this, I was told that only Premium rooms are on the top floor, and my room was a Plus. Huh?! No one ever even have me the option of a Premium room! To add insult to injury, the manager, David, told us too bad-we had a bottom level room, he had in fact chosen our room, and there was nothing we could do. Very unapologetic, almost arrogant. He basically told us to deal with it. The first two nights were fine, but then of course a gaggle of 20-something partiers checked-in above us and made noise all night for the next two nights. And, just like the previous reviewers had said, the noise was unbearable due to the thin floors. And the bathroom above is right above the lower master bedroom. So if anyone even used the bathroom, it's like a freight train through your room. It's a shame this happened because the actual condo was nice and so was the staff.

1  Thank roberty416

Thank you for your additional comments featured in TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. While it is always a priority to fulfill requests for preferred room locations, that option was not possible during your stay due to high occupancy. The category you confirmed would be a suite located on the first or second floor with a guaranteed golf course view. I am sorry you felt our guest services manager was not helpful in trying to satisfy your room expectations. It’s quite unusual for me to receive negative comments on his demeanor when servicing our guests as we all take great care in resolving our guests' concerns properly and in a timely manner. Please rest assured there was no Premier category to upgrade you to with or without an applicable charge. You mentioned that many reviewers suggest a top floor due to previous experiences with noise, the Premier Category is highly desirable and always gets confirmed first (sells out quickly) because of the additional amenities in the suite itself. I am very sorry we could not satisfy your room request this trip, please feel free to contact me directly via the email correspondence I sent you. I hope you will consider staying here again with us in the future.

Mahalo,