27 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$301
Agoda.comUS$301
Trip.comUS$338
10,204 results
All reviews ocean tower dolphin quest hilton waikoloa lagoon grill the big island kona pool kamuela provision company fish boat ride dolphin pool buddha point huge resort boat service kpc restaurant dolphin encounter water slides main lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020

We used to come to this hotel for 12 years in a row when the kids are young until 2017. We have noticed that the quality had been diminishing through the the years.
Stayed here Dec 9, 2020, overnight only as our flight was cancelled (we paid for this room).

Given that Hawaii just re-opened due to COVID-19, the #hiltonwaikoloavillage @hiltonwaikoloa @hilton is really sad and seemed like a ghost town. The worse part is they charge you a $45 resort fee on top of the room rate, in which there are no resort facilities available. Note that only 1 restaurant is open. On top of that, the parking is now $37/night, but their website said $25.00.

Then my husband has their Diamond status and all we have as a choice for the “continental” takeout breakfast was one staled cinnamon roll (one each only of sugary pastries), one fruit, old yogurt, and watery coffee. I was beyond speechless as to how The Hilton Waikoloa drives their loyal customers elsewhere. BTW, there are 4 others who shared our frustration.

If this is an act of desperation on #hiltonwaikoloavillage @hiltonwaikoloa @hikton, then you are doing the wrong business decisions!

We actually stayed at another @hilton property, Doubletree Hilo, for 2 nights and they did way and beyond, even with their limited amenities. Then we stayed 4 nights at a Bonvoy chain, and that was exceptional (I have a separate review).

Over all, I DO NOT recommend this hotel anymore. Stay at the Marriott Waikoloa instead, which is nearby this hotel. They have better customer service and nicer beach to swim at. It is still cool for the kids to see the tram and boats at this resort, that’s about it.

Date of stay: December 2020
6  Thank adventurousbisaya
Reviewed 3 December 2020

There are some great beaches, sites, and trails to use. HILTON NEEDS BIKES and bike parking. We were so disappointed. We stayed in the adjacent Mauna Lani area last visit and our favorite thing was riding bikes everywhere and exploring. Not sure why Waikaloa hasn't embraced bikes.

Hotel was fine and more of a family place than a couple location. The $40 a day parking fee was sad. Parts are being remodeled but it wasn't obtrusive. The art/statues, landscaping, orientation for a lovely sunset, and Not sure what to think of the captive dolphins - a little disturbing. I didn't know we were still doing that stuff in the United States anymore.

Dear hotel management - get rid of the little plastic toiletries (put the big dispensers on the wall) and bottle of water when you arrive. Whoever started that arrival routine at hotels needs a talking to. Hawaii NO LONGER RECYCLES PLASTIC - nor does just about anyone else for that matter.

2  Thank Amie A
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Beautiful scenery and high quality rooms. A bit pricey but certainly worth it. Very unique experience. They have three pools and a section that opens up into the ocean. Nice spot to watch the sunset. Good food.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2020

Our itinerary allowed for only one night at Hilton Waikoloa Village, but we enjoyed every minute. Our room 6313 was in the Lagoon Tower and directly above the Dolphin Pools. The trainers provided excellent care, and thoughtful engagement with the active and frolicking dolphins. The resort grounds are expansive, and adorned with Asian artifacts. We are thankful for this very short but very unique experience at Hilton Waikoloa Village.

2  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 29 October 2020

This is a hotel that my partner went to, on a conference trip, about fifteen years ago. We've been talking about going for about ten years, and we finally made it. It was so inspiring, that I've even written it into my latest novel!

What a beautiful place! So large that there is a little boat and tram to take you around. I will say that we enjoyed walking around the hotel, taking our time and embracing every moment.

The food for breakfast was lovely, ample choice and you have the pleasure of listening to a ukelele player and singer too! Also, if you go around 8 am and sit by the window (that was correct at the time of writing), you will see the dolphins doing some laps in the lagoon. Yes, that's right – Lagoon. They have their very own man-made lagoon, filled with tropical fish, turtles, you name it. We enjoyed hiring snorkelling equipment and experiencing that – that was a true moment for me, so thank you. It's a family-friendly resort, so lots of families were around. Travelling as a couple though, I will say, it was still peaceful.

The various pools were stunning. I loved the caves, especially at night when everything is all lit up – just truly, beautiful.

The resort do all sorts of activities, we didn't take part in any of them, unfortunately, but everything from hula dancing to ukelele lessons! Our room was lovely with a view of the resort and the ocean. Comfy bed!

I will say, we didn't eat at any of the restaurants for dinner, we opted to get take out at Island Gourmet Marketplace (see separate review) but they have a huge sushi bar.

I'd recommend going for a walk at night (make sure you have bug spray though, I was bitten by a lot by mosquitoes)! The resort is at it's most beautiful at night, I'd say, plus if you walk around to it's most hidden spots, the view of the stars is amazing.

There's self-parking. Super friendly staff wherever you go. A wonderful hotel. We will be back.

Date of stay: February 2020