24 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$345
Trip.comUS$343
ZenHotels.comUS$330
10,204 results
All reviews ocean tower dolphin quest hilton waikoloa lagoon grill the big island kona pool kamuela provision company fish boat ride dolphin pool buddha point huge resort boat service kpc restaurant dolphin encounter water slides main lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Beautiful scenery and high quality rooms. A bit pricey but certainly worth it. Very unique experience. They have three pools and a section that opens up into the ocean. Nice spot to watch the sunset. Good food.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Simon Amos, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear aoki117,

We are so happy you enjoyed the beauty of the resort and hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 25 November 2020

Our itinerary allowed for only one night at Hilton Waikoloa Village, but we enjoyed every minute. Our room 6313 was in the Lagoon Tower and directly above the Dolphin Pools. The trainers provided excellent care, and thoughtful engagement with the active and frolicking dolphins. The resort grounds are expansive, and adorned with Asian artifacts. We are thankful for this very short but very unique experience at Hilton Waikoloa Village.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank Ray S

Dear Ray S,

We are so glad you enjoyed every minute! Dolphin Quest is a wonderful experience for many guests. We hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 29 October 2020

This is a hotel that my partner went to, on a conference trip, about fifteen years ago. We've been talking about going for about ten years, and we finally made it. It was so inspiring, that I've even written it into my latest novel!

What a beautiful place! So large that there is a little boat and tram to take you around. I will say that we enjoyed walking around the hotel, taking our time and embracing every moment.

The food for breakfast was lovely, ample choice and you have the pleasure of listening to a ukelele player and singer too! Also, if you go around 8 am and sit by the window (that was correct at the time of writing), you will see the dolphins doing some laps in the lagoon. Yes, that's right – Lagoon. They have their very own man-made lagoon, filled with tropical fish, turtles, you name it. We enjoyed hiring snorkelling equipment and experiencing that – that was a true moment for me, so thank you. It's a family-friendly resort, so lots of families were around. Travelling as a couple though, I will say, it was still peaceful.

The various pools were stunning. I loved the caves, especially at night when everything is all lit up – just truly, beautiful.

The resort do all sorts of activities, we didn't take part in any of them, unfortunately, but everything from hula dancing to ukelele lessons! Our room was lovely with a view of the resort and the ocean. Comfy bed!

I will say, we didn't eat at any of the restaurants for dinner, we opted to get take out at Island Gourmet Marketplace (see separate review) but they have a huge sushi bar.

I'd recommend going for a walk at night (make sure you have bug spray though, I was bitten by a lot by mosquitoes)! The resort is at it's most beautiful at night, I'd say, plus if you walk around to it's most hidden spots, the view of the stars is amazing.

There's self-parking. Super friendly staff wherever you go. A wonderful hotel. We will be back.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Suzie A

Dear Suzie A,

We are incredibly happy to hear that you were so inspired by your visit that you included it in your novel! Thank you for this wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

Even tough you can make reservation from website, they do not say anything until you call them directly. Thanks my local friend. She told me the hotel is not open now day before we stay there. Good luck.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ayakoi619
Reviewed 30 June 2020

This is the Disneyland resort of Hawaii and I’m saying that in a good way. It’s not for everyone, but if you have a family with kids that likes a lot of activities, this is a great place. Our kids loved taking the tram and boat around the resort. It was nice to take the boat at night and gaze at the stars while taking the tram made you feel like you were taking the monorail at Disney! The pools are massive with waterfalls, caves, and a water slide. The enclosed lagoon is also nice in that you can snorkel or ride a canoe in the calm water. We stayed at the Ocean tower during our trip and being a Hilton HHonors diamond member, we had access to the continental breakfast. We paid the upcharge to get the full breakfast buffet and thought it was worth it to get all the hot buffet items also. I have a full video review of the resort as well as our stay at the Grand Wailea in Maui if you do a search for Wearefamilee007 on youtube. The link is also on my profile too.

Room tip: Ocean tower has an adults only pool and furthest away from main pool with water slide
Date of stay: August 2019