9,041 results
All reviews ocean tower dolphin quest hilton waikoloa kona pool lagoon grill the big island pizza place chinese restaurant kamuela provision company buddha point boat ride swim with the dolphins fish huge resort boat service main lobby dolphin encounter
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel it's self was cute, they have a nice pool and a lagoon with sea turtles which my son enjoyed. All in all the trip was okay, I didn't like how far every activity was from the hotel. But I'd recommend it if you're looking for a quick close trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
HiltonWaikoloa, Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be discussed with our management team.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we’ve stayed at this property. Very large resort that sits on 65 acres I believe. It’s lush with beautiful plants, flowers, trees, lava rocks, waterfalls, pools, water slides, lagoons, etc. We loved riding the boat and tram to get around. Stayed in the palace tower. Conveniently located in the middle. Easy access to the ocean tower, lagoon tower, lobby, and pools. The staff is really nice and accommodating. The restaurants are delicious and affordable. Highly recommend the Hilton Waikoloa Village.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank brianjhenderson1978
HiltonWaikoloa, General Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thanks for coming back to see us a second time! I'm very pleased to see how much you enjoyed both of your visits. We hope there will be many more in the future!

Mahalo,
Simon, tripadvisor@hiltonwaikoloavillage.com

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We went to Hawaii for the first time in March for our 35th Wedding Anniversary. We chose the Hilton Waikoloa Village based on the website reviews, photos, etc. I requested early check in and late check out 4 months in advance when we booked our flight. We chose Makai Mountainside Room - Lagoon Tower. Makai Experience (concierge level) Upon arrival we were three hours early. They were very busy. I asked the man in the lobby where the dedicated check in desk was, he said just get in this line - the regular check in line. I said we have the concierge level, he repeated himself. After waiting for an hour to get to the check in person she said we can store our luggage until it is time to check in. I explained we requested early check in months ago. She said they don't have anything available, rooms are assigned upon arrival. So we stored our luggage and called the desk after waiting an hour, still nothing. We waited two more hours before finally getting a room and given poor directions on how to reach the room. Once we entered the room and pulled back the curtains - we were staring at the roof!! I called the front desk and said we requested mountain view - she said that's all we have. I explained we traveled all the way from Ohio to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and do not want to stare at the roof! She said we don't have anything available. She said it very rudely. The lady at the check in desk was rude the way she talked also. The room was very dated and the bathroom in poor condition. A few days later I inquired about our late check out request - our flight was 5 hours after the check out time - again I requested this months in advance - she said we don' have anything available - someone is on their way to take that room. I said you told me earlier rooms aren't given until arrival, very rudely she said someone is on their way!! So we checked out 5 hours early, again stored our luggage and did some shopping. I will NEVER stay at this property again! We were VERY disappointed!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DanCin
HiltonWaikoloa, Manager at Hilton Waikoloa Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we're sorry your stay was disappointing. We do try to honor a request for early check-in and late check-out, but this is based on availability and can not always be given. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members understand the importance of their roles. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We will be addressing the service you received with our management team.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We are gold members of Hilton and this was one of our favorite hotels we have stayed for a vacation or work. Our room was on the end of the property but like anything it had advantages as well as disadvantages.
Our kids loved the turtles that were along the beach and in the lagoon. The property was beautiful. During the day the tram and boat ran pretty frequently but at night it was usually substantially faster to walk which is probably the biggest issue I had with the service.
We didn't do anything but the Luau on the property because we found alternatives on the island were cheaper and probably better although not as convenient. If we could do it again I probably would have spent more time at the resort as the kids loved it after snorkeling for four days.
I received an email recently offering an all inclusive deal which was less than what we paid when we went (probably due to the decline in tourism with the volcano) but if you don't do the all inclusive then eating on the property was really expensive (except for the pizza, the large was huge and great value for Kona). We ate most of our meals in town or up the street. Great experience.

Room Tip: Get a tower closer to the center of the property
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Jaay, mahalo for all of the wonderful compliments you gave our team and our property! I'm happy that you were able to find things that you enjoyed with us as well as fun activities on the rest of the island. As you mentioned, we'd love to have you come back and stay with us again so you can really explore all of our amenities and get the full Hilton Waikoloa experience!

Simon, tripadvisor@hiltonwaikoloavillage.com

Reviewed 14 July 2018

$27 per day parking fee!!!
That was more than my per day rental car fee!!
I hate paying for parking when you are the guest of the hotel/resort!

Apply tons of sunscreen when you are at the pool bec there is no umbrella whatsoever at the pool!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank JohnDoe000

We truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to disappoint you with the parking charges. These charges are are fully disclosed when booking a reservation. My apologies, as it sounds as if these details were not made clear during your reservation process. Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience. I hope Hawaii has left you with many memorable moments.