3,204 results
All reviews resort fee infinity pool hawaii calls the big island ocean view corner room glass bottom boat fish hotel restaurant pools and hot tubs king's shops open hours cabana room self parking sea turtles food court breakfast buffet
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After a day of hiking to a black beach with my 9 and 8 year old girls my eldest fell asleep back at our room before eating her cheese pizza dinner. She awoke at 4:30 AM hungry and upset that the pizza was cold. There was no microwave in the room to heat up the pizza and the front desk was not manned. The early morning cleaning crew knew that there was a crew working the kitchen and directed me there. An older gentleman who I understand not only cleans but works the kitchen heated the pizza for me. I in my morning fog without coffee did not get his name, but I want to thank him and the early morning staff. They are definitely my and my child’s heroes and I am singing their praise!!!!
David from Leesburg Va.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband and I stayed here 5 days of our 15 days on The Big Island. I wish we had stayed a few more days. This is a resort - so it is BIG! I think of this place as the Disney of The Big Island. The grounds are SPECTACULAR - very well kept! Spectacular sunsets! The front desk and valet area is run with amazing efficiency. Our room in the Ocean Tower was large and clean - great view for morning coffee, You definitely want to stay in the Ocean Tower if you don't have children with you. Ocean Tower is quieter and has ADULT ONLY pools. There are several restaurants on the resort, but there are many more choices within walking distance if you leave the resort, i.e.: Lava Lava Beach Club, Tropics Ale House, Mai Grille.

We enjoyed our stay and I'd definitely go back!

Room Tip: Choose Ocean Tower if you want a quieter location and an adult only pool. Other towers are better if you are traveling with children.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kay K
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised! Very reasonably priced. Room was perfectly acceptable.
Little problem with sink water smelling funny. We bought bottled water to be safe.
Really nice staff overall. Not crowded.
Had fine air on that end of island. Yes it was an hour and a half drive to airport. Not a problem.
Nice restaurants in the area, even a mall with upscale stores across the street.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Meander612480
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I usually stay exclusively at the Hilton when I travel to Kona Hawaii. This time my family and I thought we would try the Marriott Waikoloa Beach Resort that is located next door. The property has a different feel than the Hilton. It is not as large which is a great thing if you have children and need to shuttle them back and forth everywhere. The open-air restaurant was wonderful for morning breakfast which looks out on a wonderful tropical view. Accommodations were typical for the choice of rooms one has selected.
Because the Marriott is smaller, it provides a bit more intimate impression of being served. Staying at large resorts can seem overwhelming at times. But, the most important variable for a great vacation is the staff that services you. One person(s) can enhance or break those memories and encounters.
Our stay was made most pleasant by the interaction we had with Guest Service Agent Elizabeth Ramos. Elizabeth manned the front desk and checked us in when we first arrived. Providing a wonderful smile and customer assistance, we were whisked into our room without the confusion and delays that often occurs when arriving at a resort hotel. Elizbeth provided all our required documentation, keys and gift accessories in an efficient manner. After a long flight from Dallas it was fantastic to arrive and hit the pool quickly.
Some issues arose during our stay and every time it was Elizabeth that I headed for. She was fantastic. While working the issues you could see the commitment that she displayed for providing customer assistance. Every now a then you come across someone who loves their job, has been trained superbly and provides excellent service thus making your experience wonderful. Elizabeth is that person.
I cannot express our appreciation enough regarding the caring and professional manner by which Elizabeth served our needs while staying at the Marriott. Marriott should be proud to have such a staff member on their team representing them. In my mind she is the benchmark of excellence that hotel staff should seek to obtain. I can say that after traveling a few million miles and staying in hotels for a few thousand nights. Thank you, Elizabeth.

Mark K

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Due to Volcano issues we could not stay in a hotel by the Volcano National Park so had to find a place for 2 nights. Fortunately the Marriott was available which worked out well because we had always thought about staying there. Check in was great because Queenie at the front desk got us in early and helped us with several issues. The room decor was nice but my husband felt there was an issue with the AC. When the AC reached the selected temperature, the air handler would turn off and the room would become stuffy, the maintenance person said this was normal but it made the room uncomfortable, other than that a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple