15 people are viewing this hotel
US$293
Free cancellation until 23/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$293
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
Hotels.comUS$293
PricelineUS$293
Prestigia.comUS$345
All reviews huge complex hgvc members boat ride beautiful resort our night stay sand beach fish dolphin quest main pool full kitchen the big island hilton waikoloa village sea turtles pools ocean grounds slides
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this hotel one year ago before the pandemic started but we had to postpone it due to the pandemic.

we were finally able to go on the trip and two days before heading to the trip my daughter told me have you seen the reviews of this hotel? I always look at the reviews at any hotel before booking as I learned the hard way.

so I was honestly surprised with how I have missed all these bad reviews. I wanted to cancel and book at a different hotel but something inside me told me not to do this. I did get in touch with the hotel and requested to be in the newly renovated rooms and they did deliver this request.

we arrived at the hotel after a long drive from Hilo as we stopped at the Volcano near hilo thence drove to Kona. in a heavy rain. so I was dead tired from the tense drive as well the kids were so tired from being stuck in the car for few hours.

anyway we arrived and the gentleman at the front of the hotel informed me that they can take our bags and delivered to our rooms but there is no valet parking due to Covid 19. honestly I found parking so fast you just have to figure out the closest spot to the hotel so you don't walk a lot if you are tired.

now when you arrive to the hotel you arrive to the main lobby and you have to take the tram to your hotel. if you are planning to go outside the resorts add 15 min for walking to the main lobby or 20 min to the parking lot or if you want to take the tram then if you are lucky the tram will be right in front of your hotel and its a quick ride or u have to wait then plan like 30 min extra time that u need to add to ur schedule.

the tram was right there and I think it was like 10 min ride to our hotel. the check in process was smooth and easy.

we went up to the rooms and the rooms are very clean, big and the view is so beautiful even tho we don't have the ocean view.

there is no room service or housekeeping again due to covid 19. for the housekeeping they do come in day 3 to clean ur rooms or u give them 24hrs notice that you need your room to be cleaned up. you can call any time for towels just give ur self some time as again they are understaffed so they are going to be doing million things at once.

the Big island breakfast restaurant isn't open as well cuz of covid but the Italian rest at the Palace have American breakfast and its a decent one. the service is kinda slow as they are understaffed due to covid so be patient with them please. I know the state just reopened recently and so many business had to let go of their staffs due to covid 19. I think they should rehire these staffs as I think they are overwhelmed with the amount of the visitors they have right now.

the lagoon is right a cross from the palace hotel which u have to go through the bridge and cross over. the lagoon is very pretty and you honestly can sit by the water and see the fish. there is so many activities you could do as well at the lagoon.

the food and drink bar at the lagoon as well are very good.

if you walk for less than 5 min you will hit the main pool and its stunning, there is so many restaurants as well around it to eat and drink. there is a lot of free activities at the hotel for the kids or the whole family.

by me wondering around I found out that you don't need the tram to get in n out from your hotel to the main lobby its a nice 15 min walk. I love walking so this made me happy that I have time to burn these calories I am getting from the delicious virgin drinks I keep getting :)

the only bad thing that we had is this. we walked to the main lobby after spending few hours at the lagoon and it was hot hot hot. so my daughter went to the front desk lady at the main lobby and asked her for water. the lady refused to give her water and told her to go to her hotel lobby which is 15 min walk in the heat to get water as we were ready to leave to a tour outside the area. in my opinion that's rude!! it was very clear my daughter was hot as her face was very red so a bottle of water for your guest who is staying at a different tower isn't the end of the world. that's why I gave the 4 stars and not the 5 stars. the gentleman at the front door who takes our bags was super sweet and got us 5 bottles of water as he saw we were hot and we needed water. its a simple act of kindness what makes the difference.

overall yes I recommend this hotel and I will be back for sure. next time I want to try the different towers just to see the difference of the rooms and the service.

I will update my review at the end of our stay for pictures as well to talk about the dolphin experience as well the manta one.

Room tip: the public hotel is 20 min walk away
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 5 April 2021

Beautiful walks around the property, it is almost like a museum, you can enjoy every corner of the property. But needs more employees, service is slow, and hours of service limited. A little bit pricey for food and beverages. No shuttle service to the shopping center

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
HGV Resorts, Owner at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our beautiful resort grounds. I sincerely apologize that our amenities and dining options are still limited. We will continue to open areas as permitted and hope to be in full operation soon. I hope that aside from these issues, you were able to enjoy our property and beautiful island.

Wilbert Lee
Resort Director

Reviewed 2 April 2021

This was probably a prime property in its day. Today it was a mess. It is tired and old needing some renovations. They charge you a resort fee and a parking fee. Stay for 5 days and just those 2 will cost you $400. Typical hilton nickel and dime you to death.

1  Thank charchar100

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Your opinions and comments are very valuable to us. All our hotel rooms are scheduled for a complete renovation soon, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to a newly renovated room in the near future.

Mahalo,
Wilbert Lee
Resort Director

Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

As a corporate pilot, I flew our airplane to Kona and “had” to stay for 10 days. This was the most cost effective Hilton option and it was INCREDIBLE.

Lots of pools with slides, caves, and a sand bottom poo. A salt water lagoon with a sand beach, great snorkeling, nice rooms, plenty of restaurants, and great views!

This is DEFINITELY my new go to option when visiting Hawaii. I enjoyed my stay so much, I’m bringing my family back in a few months!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank steven900EX
Reviewed 31 March 2021

Service was good considering Covid. Rooms were clean and the doors were sealed with a sign. Tram was sanitized/sprayed down each way. Assistance with our baggages was great being that the tower we stayed at was far from the main lobby.