All reviews vacation club one bedroom suite hawaii calls washer dryer rice cooker lifetime platinum local musicians thanksgiving buffet flower lei full kitchen towel cards beach area coffee pot grocery store other islands the big island a nice place to stay
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Only went in the ocean once - way too rocky/hard to get in/out, and not many fish. The pools were a little too warm to be refreshing, except at night. Very convenient to walk to Shops at King's and Queen's. Decent happy hours at both hotel bars, although the food choice was limited to one item (hot combo platter for $12). Enjoyed the aqua fitness classes, especially Joni. The room was nice and quiet. If we were planning to cook there, the lack of an oven/stove would have really been a problem.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank lisa a
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott’s Waikoloa Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, Lisa! Thank you for your feedback about the beach and pool. We hope you were still able to enjoy some rest & relaxation at both during your visit. Your kind words for Joni are certainly appreciated and will be shared with her team. We hope your travels bring you back again to Waikoloa Ocean Club!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This vacation was huge for us. I have terminal leukemia and 1 year ago today on Easter I was told I had days to live. I fight everyday to stay alive and to make my son/family’s lives as magical as possible. We traveled all day from AZ to arrive here on March 27. We stayed through the 1st of April. When we arrived at 5:15pm our room was a dirty mess, and was a handicapped room with a view of the building next door (not the ocean view we booked). The hotel staff at the beach club was so nice, especially Keenan, the front desk manager. They tried to help us, because booking the “Ocean Club” is apparently a part of the time share area. The gentleman (using the term loosely) at the Ocean Club front desk told us it was not his problem and the only guy in the place that could handle it was gone after 6pm and we’d have to wait until the next day. Mind you it was 5:20 pm. He never even bothered to look up from his computer. I started to cry while I explained to him how important this was to us and how we did not received what we paid for. The front desk at their neighbor hotel “The Beach Club Marriott” found a way to change our room and at least move us up above to the 5th floor into a cleaner and NON handicapped room with a peekaboo ocean view. All in all, this took away the entire 3 hours of our initial arrival. I was very upset and emotional over the horrendous treatment I received by Ocean Club Staff and we ended up just staying in the room for the night. On the last day of our stay, I fell ill: a common occurrence with my cancer and lack of immunity. We changed our flight to night time so I could recover and rest. We requested to check out at a later time. (2-4) pm, simply so I could rest a bit. They told us they were sold out and needed the room immediately. They were not sold out as we were offered the option to book a new room for $509 and then stay longer. When checkout came at 11am, I was literally hunched over the toilet vomiting, while they were relentlessly knocking on our door to vacate. My husband told them we were packing as fast as we could as I was ill and we would vacate ASAP. Not good enough for them! The knocking was followed by 4 phone calls to us asking if they could send bellmen up to get us out, reminding us it was check out time. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. We travel 10-20 times a year. Sometime more. I will NEVER stay at this property again, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. Absolute the worst experience ever. Heartbreaking for me. As a physician and a victim of cancer, I remain in shock at the apathy and disgusting treatment by staff at this property. Save your money and venture elsewhere where you will be treated much kinder. Aloha

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank letterstomarcello
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott’s Waikoloa Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you had during your stay at Marriott's Waikoloa Ocean Club and would like to personally follow up with you. At your convenience, please contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 or by email at customer.care@vacationclub.com. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for letting us know about your visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had high hopes for this Marriott property and are currently staying here. If you want a mass production impersonal feel this is the place for you. We had made the simple request for extra hangers and this took 2 days to accomplish with a follow up visit to the front desk. From the time we checked in it was the cattle heard. The valet was so rude and wouldn’t even let unload our bags before moving our car. As a platinum member, I never expect special treatment but to be treated as a paying customer would be nice. The facilities were marginal as 2 out of the 3 hot tubs were closed. I was called to upgrade my room from the 5th floor to the 2nd floor for the same size room. The food was dive bar food at best as the French dip was a piece for well done processed steak on white bread....that is it! If you want to stay at a nice Marriott property stay up the street at the Mauna Kea Resort and don’t waste your time here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fly90909
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott’s Waikoloa Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Aloha and thank you for your review of Marriott's Waikoloa Ocean Club. We are sorry to hear your current stay is not exceeding your expectations. Please reach out to the front desk team so we may help turn around your stay. You may also contact our Customer Care team directly at 800 936 6824.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We are Marriott rewards and Vacation club members. Beautiful place and views ,except for those rooms over canopy of concrete,which we have for the moment. Walked the property and really see this as a full family resort. Have 2 places to enjoy water, pool areas with water slide and waterfalls,and the nice Long Beach within the harbor,SOOOO NICE. Only. One Resteraunt the moment.

Room Tip: The ratings aren’t working ,would give a 5 to all.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank vanblarson
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott’s Waikoloa Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Marriott's Waikoloa Ocean Club. Our team appreciates your review and looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stayed at the Marriott Waikoloa Ocean Club at the end of February in a two bedroom ocean front room. Some of the good points include a very nice lobby with lots of open air space to enjoy. Pool area is very nice; 3 hot tubs and an infinity pool along with lots of chairs. The resort has recently been renovated but the decor is disappointing. Way too modern for my taste and definitely doesn't have a "Hawaii" feel. Also felt that Marriott skimped on the timeshare units by not installing full service kitchens. Unlike other MVC properties, Waikoloa only has a microwave oven; with no range or oven. Units also lacked a crock pot or hot plate to cook on. Having a full kitchen makes vacationing with a family much more affordable and the lack of a full kitchen was disappointing to me. There were some gas grills available but not enough for the size of the property. The GM indicated that upgrades were coming to the grilling area which would be a real improvement. Rooms were quite spacious, and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms also very nice and well appointed. I wasn't impressed with the beach area. We ended up going to Hapuna Beach most days as the sand and swimming were much better. Beaches at Ko Olina, Waiohai and Maui Ocean Clubs much better. Another peeve was that other Marriott Vacation Club properties have a facility for owners to use while waiting for their rooms to be ready or once checked out that they can use to change and shower. Waikoloa only had one room that you had to reserve (for an hour) which wasn't particularly convenient. They should definitely provide owners with a locker room or hospitality suite that can be used. Other Marriott facilities (especially Ko Olina) have done this right. We'd probably stay again as Waikoloa is convenient to lots of fun things to do on the Big Island but thought that Marriott could have done a better job with the renovation.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms were very nice
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank HawaiiNut02760
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott’s Waikoloa Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your comments. We do hope to see you again in Hawaii.