All reviews koi pond deluxe bungalow spiral staircase volcano national park hot tub tree house the big island electric fireplace coffee maker two nights unique place flat screen tv large windows small refrigerator main office shared bathroom volcano area
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Stone work in the room was amazing. Dehumidifier kept it dry, as you are in a rain forest. Largest bathroom and shower I've ever seen in a hotel. Great, romantic setting and room. Feels totally private and hidden in the lush garden setting.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ChaletKilauea, Guest Relations Manager at Chalet Kilauea, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your kind remarks on the room you stayed in. We try to make the rooms unique and glad that you enjoyed the largest hotel bathroom ever! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and visit if ever in the area. Aloha:)

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the deluxe bungalow for a couple of nights, while visiting Volcanos National Park. The pictures I had seen didn’t do it justice.
The hotel is located just a short 5 minute drive from the park entrance and is surrounded by lush tropical rainforest. The bungalow stand off by itself and gives the impression of seclusion making for a great little retreat for couples.
The glass shower is amazing and gives the impression of showering in the rainforest.
The main building is just a short walk, and there is even a nice little path through the forested part of the grounds that opens up on the koi pond. This is a very quiet area that a person can sit and enjoy a morning coffee or even read a book for hours.
I have read reviews that complain about the electric heat, but if you follow the instructions in the room, this works just fine, in fact it got too warm one night for us.
It really is a hidden gem, and I will not hesitate to go back on my next trip to the volcano.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jsanford76
KilaueaHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Chalet Kilauea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Aloha, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor. Mahalo for your lovely remarks on our Bungalow. We agree that being situated in this wonderful rain forest is truly a magical experience for vacationers and locals alike. We are happy to hear that everything was to your liking and that your stay was comfortable. We look forward to your return should you visit our area again. Mahalo

Reviewed 5 May 2018

This is a great place to stay near Volcano Nat'l Park. What a fun place! My partner & I felt we were in a tree house in a rain forest. The room was so interestingly done. The bathroom was 2 steps down from the bedroom and all in stone. The shower was huge and had 2 shower heads. This is a unique place. However, if you have issues with stairs, this unit might be a bit of a challenge. I think they have units with less or no stairs.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you found our accommodation to your liking and enjoyed the wonderful unique design of our rooms. We hope you had a great vacation and come back and see us anytime. Mahalo!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My daughter and i loved this place! I knew it would not be a cookie cutter hotel given its location, reviews and description...i just didn't know how much we would enjoy the seclusion and quirkiness of this place. Clean. Very private. No one bothers you. I will go again. It suited us to a T!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank VacationValerie

It is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Chalet Kilauea and enjoyed the originality and seclusion of our rooms and location. We hope you had a great vacation in Hawaii and thank you for providing your comments and review. We hope to see you again! Aloha.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was concerned that the pictures didn’t really represent the rooms, but boy was I wrong! If anything, the pics don’t do it justice. Very comfortable + a little zen. I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jedeal2018
ChaletKilauea, Guest Relations Manager at Chalet Kilauea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Aloha and mahalo for providing your review of Chalet Kilauea. We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed the rooms and the details that we put into them. We hope you had a great vacation and come back and visit us if ever in the area. Mahalo!