Hale 'Ohu Bed & Breakfast(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$168
US$172
US$141
Aloha Crater Lodge(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$180
US$148
Orbitz.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$163
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

Chalet Kilauea(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$159
Volcano Village Lodge(Volcano)
US$493
US$378
Ainani Jade Ohana Hotel(Volcano)(Great Value!)
All reviewsfree teacoffee and hot chocolatemassive kitchennational parkhousestoragelavasheetsgpsrainforesthost
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Satoshi (the owner) is really nice but also gives you your space after showing you around, which I personally really appreciate. I was the only one there my first night and had the run of the place. It was awesome! The other 2 nights I shared facilities and never had a problem with bathroom or kitchen availability. Shower water was always very hot.

The town of Volcano can get damp and chilly, and the house is old (but very clean). So kind of expect to feel like you're staying at your grandpa's big house who you don't know very well.

Towels and sheets were provided. Coffee is instant, so if you like ground coffee, bring your own. There's a little food provided (oatmeal and pasta was available while I was there), so you won't starve to death if the local grocery store is closed when you need to go.

This place is perfect as a base camp for exploring Volcanoes National Park and the town of Volcano.

Tip:
Eat at Thai Thai and/or Kilauea Lodge nearby. SO GOOD.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I am usually an easy to please person (look at my other reviews) but I feel I need to warn others about this place. We showed up a little after 4pm, which the website and our correspondence said was the check in time, to find a sign on the door that said check in was at 430pm. The owner was inside cleaning floors, he saw us and told us we needed to wait outside in the cold.. We had hoped to check in and make a quick dinner before heading out to see the sunset at the rim, but we were not able to get into the kitchen until after 5pm, which changed that plan. We found the kitchen to be very old and dirty and all of the teflon pans were old and shedding their teflon coating. When I opened the cupboards they were dirty and smelly inside, The bathroom was sort of clean but there was only one washcloth for everyone to use as a hand towel and one bathmat for each shower, which got muddy and wet with the first person who went in to take a shower after her hike. There was not heater and an old dusty rattly fan which didn't work well at all. Overall the place needed a very good deep cleaning! We were told to move our car and park at the school next door and lighting was poor and the path was muddy to get back to the house, passing by an open garage filled with junk. It was all very rustic and an odd set up. Our room was very cold and there was not heat in the room or the entire house. When I mentioned this to the owner the next day, he said something about the pilot light being out, but he made no apologies or promise to fix it. Mind you it was about 50 degrees at night, which seemed very cold after coming up from the Kona Coast. I barely slept at all at night as I was so freezing and had to put my head under the covers to try and find any sense of warmth. Other people who arrived at the Inn after us had to call a phone number and stand there waiting for up to 15 minutes or more for someone to come from somewhere else and check them in. One woman who arrived on her own by taxi was told that her pre-paid reservation didn't exist and was treated very rudely by the owner. Overall it was a very unpleasant experience and I wish that I spent a little more money to find something a little nicer. The hikes at Volcano National Park were awesome, especially the Kilieau Iki Trail, into the crater...and renting bikes at Kalapana to ride to the lava entry into the ocean. Kileaua Lodge for breakfasts were also delicious...try the dish with dill pickles added to the eggs for a real treat!

Room Tip: you might do a little better with a private room with bath. Our so-called private room with no bath had no rugs, heat, chairs, basic
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandonBeachlover
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Thank goodness I had GPS! Warm welcome to this unassuming family run set up. They have a variety of rooms varying from dormitory with shared bathroom facilities to private rooms with private bathrooms. I chose the latter. The sheets on the bed were clean but very stained! No breakfast but there is a communal kitchen with free tea, coffee and hot chocolate (no milk except the powdered variety). The best thing about this place is the Ohelo Cafe which is just down the road. Make a reservation as it is very popular

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Highly recommended - clean, quiet hostel -friendly and helpful owner - close to Nat'l Park - store nearby - huge, fully-equipped kitchen - WiFi - dorm was fine - not much to complain about ( maybe the mid-day closing hours) - would
Go back for sure

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Nice quiet accommodations very close to Volcanoes National Park. It is clean and quiet. Very good for the price. They have free wi fi as well. I would stay here again. The owner is very friendly. would come here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo