US$151
Chalet Kilauea(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$74
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Alii Kane Cottages(Volcano)(Great Value!)
US$135
Agoda.com
Aloha Crater Lodge(Volcano)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
All reviewsnohea cottagekahi maluthe kitchennational parkuseful informationplace to stayback porchhome away from homethought of everythingking bedlush rainforestb bsbig islandkatemapslanaihostess
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights while we were visiting Volcano Natl. Park and Hilo. I consider myself very lucky to have snagged the Nohea cottage during our visit. The place was really perfect and Kathryn, the owner and manager, was extremely friendly and helpful.

It is larger than the pictures would make it out to be and comes with everything you could possibly want/need. I woke up every morning, fired up the gas fireplace to drive away the morning coolness, ground some complimentary local Ka'u coffee, and sat on the covered patio and just enjoyed being in the forest surrounded by ferns and mossy trees. Oh, and there are almost NO bugs here to bother you, even after we left the windows wide open all day. The cottage is also pretty secluded so you can't really see the neighboring structures unless you really try, and even then it's only from the front. The hot tub and porch are completely secluded. Nothing but peace, quiet, and some of the cleanest, freshest air I've experienced.

The bed was cozy, the kitchen stocked with everything you could want to make a meal or snack, and the hot tub is there to comfort you after a long day of hiking the Volcano. This was one of the best accommodations I've ever experienced anywhere.

The only downside is the town of Volcano itself. For whatever reason, there are NO good restaurants here (Yep, we went to all 4 restaurants in town during our stay and they were all underwhelming), despite the park being here and tourists in the area. There is also no grocery store, only an overpriced general store with the basics. Do yourself a favor and bring some groceries to make in Nohea's awesome kitchen. Some complimentary food is provided, like cereal, but for real meals you'll want to pack it in yourself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Wright Place in Volcano for 3 nights and we were not disappointed! This lovely property is very private, peaceful, and surrounded by a tropical forest close to Volcano National Park (a 5 minute drive to the Park entrance) and Volcano Village. Only the lower level of this cozy cottage is rented out which includes a bedroom, bathroom, living area with a fireplace and a small kitchen area. The kitchenette is well stocked with condiments, oil, cereals, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, sugar, and utensils. In the bedroom you will find a comfortable bed, blankets, pillows and a dual control warming pad on the bed for cooler evenings. There is wifi access, a TV, a lovely fireplace and various DVDs as well which range from movies to documentaries on volcano eruptions.

The cottage is very clean, cozy and has all the little extras that one could wish for…..head lamps, umbrellas, gloves, information of the local restaurants, farmer market, volcano sights and maps.

Kathryn Grout is the manager and owner of Volcano Places and manages TWP as well. She recommended TWP when her other cottages were booked. She is a wonderful person and goes out of her way to make her guests feel comfortable. Once we arrived, Kathryn came over to meet and greet us and to get us acquainted with all that the Park and Village have to offer. Her knowledge about Volcanoes National Park is extensive and she will provide you with a lot of useful information about the area.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice, comfortable and convenient stay in Volcano!

We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank BrendaO64
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed two wonderful days in Volcano... Kate was really helpful and the bungalow and it's outdoor patio was just as beautiful as pictured. I wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere.

The bungalow is really nicely and simply redone with beautiful woods and a lot of care to detail work. It was a cozy place to come back to after exploring, hiking, and doing all those volcano things. Will definitely go back... although might try Nohea next time for the hot tub :)

Room Tip: Volcano Bungalow is a bit off the beaten path, but very easy to get to the store...and minutes from the park entrance. If you had multiple cars, it might be a problem parking.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We actually did NOT stay at the Volcano Places (I selected Feb '13 as my travel date as you cant post reviews otherwise) since they didnt have any cottage available as per our dates but this review is to let you guys know how helpful Kathryn at Reservation end of Volcano Places was. I want to give a shout-out to Kathryn at Volcano Places for being super helpful and friendly. Since we couldnt stay at one of their cottages- she sent me a few recommendations for places around with complete details and websites for the park info as well.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had sent in an excellent review in late January...which somehow never got on this sight. So, again I would like to give Kate and her Cottage a resounding two thumbs up! I was originally skeptical that this property and host could be as outstanding as the reviews stated. However, I agree with the terrific reviews. The Cottage was just as shown ....beautiful, clean and fully stocked. So much so, that upon leaving I joked with kate that I had looked for something to complain to her about and had just this one complaint...the can openner was not up to snuff. Seriously, we felt like we were on a movie set....with the back porch cut into the rain forrest...just beautiful...and only a few minutes away from VNP!
Marty

Room Tip: Kate has a few units that differ in size. The Cottage was quite large enough for the two of us and I believe the couch opens (?) for an additional person or two.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple