Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the mauna kea bed and breakfast downtown hilo tree frogs would definitely stay here again stayed longer hosts lanai hawaii privacy accommodations paradise birds
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights in the Mauna Kea room, which was spotless and had everything we needed for a great stay. It’s about 5 miles into town so a car is a necessity. The patio areas include great lounge chairs to sit and enjoy a cup of tea or a cocktail. Beautifully decorated and meticulously maintained. Wish we could have stayed longer. We had booked through a third party so didn’t have the breakfast option which would have been nice — next time!

Reviewed 14 January 2020

I had an excellent stay at the island Goode's bed and breakfast. It was a family felt environment I loved my accommodations and the hosts were very thoughtful and genuine. I picked fruit from the trees for breakfast and even opened a coconut and drank the fresh water. I would definitely recommend and revisit this hidden gem.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2020

First of all, if you are not 100% , sure you are going, don't book it. They don't refund. Don't bother call them. THey never answer their phone line.

The service was terrible. They will come in to your room and shut off the aie conditioner. There are nothing around this place. No restaurant no grocery store. Don't recommend to stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Roselife88
Seegar, Owner at Island Goode's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Sour Grapes…I will agree, that you booked the room through a third party and you purchased from THEM a discounted non-refundable reservation. That is what you get and THEY control your reservation. We have no say. Our responsibility is to guarantee you the room you booked from THEM upon your arrival. We are then paid by THEM upon your departure. There is no refund if you cancel your reservation with THEM unless you purchased insurance from THEM while making your reservation with THEM. We cannot cancel or modify your reservation only THEY can. If you had booked the room directly with us (our website), then you would follow our reservation cancellation policy, which is less strict and we have more flexibility because you dealing directly with us. Our over 200 five star reviews speaks for itself. We also want to thank you for leaving a huge mess in the room upon your departure. To future guests. Please book wisely and go to our Island Goodes website. There you will find our 3D walk-about of all our rooms. This will help you to find the perfect room at the perfect price.

Reviewed 8 January 2020

This place is paradise. Sweet owners, animals including a friendly cat, birds, lizards, and lush greenery. I got very sick while here (not Hawaii related) but this place gave me a place to rest in beauty so that I didn't feel like I was missing out on Hawaii. Most nights we sat on our patio listening to birds and tree frogs, the rain, and had such peace and privacy. I didn't want to leave.

Reviewed 30 October 2019 via mobile

We would definitely stay here again . The room is spacious and comfortable. The lanai is a sublime place to enjoy our morning coffee. We added the breakfast option which was so worth it to us. The last thing I want to do is venture out for food first thing in the AM. Island Goodes is only minutes from downtown Hilo; shopping, beaches and restaurants. You'll find beach mats and towels when you're ready to head out to one of several area beaches. Don't miss the pool and hot tub! Very relaxing after a day of shopping. Check out the 3D tour of the property on their website.

Date of stay: October 2019