“Fantastic gelato in many unique flavors.”
Review of Gypsea Gelato

Gypsea Gelato
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Kealakekua
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Description: Fresh, handmade in-house gelato, pastries & baked goods, 100% Kona Coffee
Reviewed 14 April 2017

My wife has travelled in Italy and this stands up the the best of them. Both unique and traditional flavors. Don't drive by without stopping here.Right next to a fantastic burger joint so you can enjoy your desert as well.

1  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Absolutely the best on the island and they are very generous with their portions. A definite must-go-to when visiting the Big Island. The servers are extremely nice and friendly. Be sure and check out their baked goods in the back. Also they have some local vanilla extract that is amazing - be sure and buy a bottle!

1  Thank U3578VIkarent
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I found this place while going to Annie's Burgers next door last year and made sure to come back the following year when I was back on the big island. I love gelato and consider myself an expert on it so I can say that their gelato is excellent. There are many flavors to choose from and the portions are huge. The first time I got salted caramel and Oreo and they were both great. The second time I got salted caramel (why mess with success!) and a mixed fruit sorbet which was soft and flavorful. The first time I was there I talked extensively to the staff who were extremely friendly. The second time there, I saw that the owners were there and wanted to speak to them because I've had a long time dream to open my own gelato store. Tim was so nice to sit and talk with me about starting a gelato store. He had some great advice and a wonderful back story on how he and his wife came to start this gelato store. I really appreciated that he was so generous with his time and was very open to share his experience with me. I can see why their customers and staff are very happy. They plan to open another store soon so there will be more reasons to get gelato. This is a must do when visiting the island.

1  Thank AnonymousNS
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This place was a lucky find. Great island flavors available! Gelato tasted authentic, the sizes were very generous and service was great!

1  Thank MikaylaParro
Reviewed 7 April 2017

After having lunch at a nearby restaurant, we decided not to take our dessert there but go to Gypsea Gelato instead. So thankful about this plan. I had the salted caramel and it was oh, so good. The servings are generous. I ordered the small cup and they gave 3 big scoops. I wish, I just took the Keiki size, which is smaller. There are very few tables. They also have pastries but I didn't have any room for it.

1  Thank travelmystique