Lowest prices for your stay
US$177
SAVE US$26
ZenHotels.comUS$162
TravelocityUS$177
getaroom.comUS$185
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2019

Office open 8 to so that is when there is coffee, staff in office are snotty and rooms stink of cheap pine cleaner. TV not set to cable remote so you have to hunt for on button. No irons no coffee makers no blowdryers. This place is a dump. No really hot water. They had a no vacancy sign out but only 3 rooms were occupied?????

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jeanne D
Reviewed 19 April 2019

Sadly there are not many options in Waimea for a one night stay and I got desperate and booked a night here. The Lodge was VERY old and dingy. Smell of mold, mildew and disinfectant hit me like a fist when I opened the door to my room. I opened the door and all the windows to try to air the place out during the day but could not keep the circulation going at night because on the first floor, this is a security issue. My friends actually insisted on walking me into my room later that night because it seemed so scary.

To add insult to injury, when I arrived at noon, I was told I could not check in until 3pm without an additional charge even though my room was clean, ready and unoccupied. Talk about a bad business decision. It costs them nothing to let me put my bags in the room that is ready for me. I was forced to kill 3 hours and return later.

When I booked the room, there was an online rate of $125/night. But when I called the hotel directly, I was told the rate was $211. When I pointed out the discrepancy, they at first balked but later acquiesced and honored the web price.

Once I got to the hotel and saw the conditions - stained carpets, mildew stained linoleum in bathroom, sagging, thin mattress, old polyester blend sheets, bad smells, etc.I felt like I had been ripped off even at $125. It was really a $70 dive hotel room.

Apparently Castle Resorts is taking over. Let's hope they plow a lot of money into a remodel, policy reviews, and staff training. Would not recommend anyone stay at this place until that happens.

Room tip: Closer to the main office or upstairs would be safer. Avoid rooms 115-112.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 25 June 2018

What a simple and quaint little hotel in the town of Waimea (Kamuela). The temperature is great and the air is clean in this small town. The lodge offers a simple, basic but charming place to spend the night. If you have the chance you should spend a night or two here while exploring Hawaii Island.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018

This is a very basic hotel. Our superior room was quite large with two comfortable double beds, a plain table, TV, and several chairs. The bath was small but clean. We put up the "do not disturb sign" until we left in the morning, then took it down. When we came back at 9PM the room was not made up and we had no useable towels there had been no place to hang them up where they would dry. The staff did bring us one towel when we requested a new set. However they made a point of letting us know that it was our fault because their policy is not to disturb anyone, and if anyone hangs up a do not disturb sign they do not enter the room even after the sign has been taken down...

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TSFNM
Reviewed 3 May 2018

looked good from the outside, so stopped for lunch, 4 other people there, still service was slow, meal was so so, free range chickens in the yard, free range geckos in the restaurant, cutlery was half washed

Date of stay: April 2018