Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Although a bit out-of-the way, this amazing B&B is well worth the drive. Gorgeous home, perfectly situated, with gracious guest rooms and spacious common areas. We were upgraded to a spacious master bedroom, beautifully furnished. We had a relaxing soak in the hot tub in the garden, followed by complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres. The innkeeper made a reservation for us at the Red Water Cafe in Waimea, which was amazing. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, with fresh local fruit and an egg dish. The only concern I'd share is that the inn went on the market the day we were there -- they were pounding in the "for sale" as we pulled out.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandyRiver
Reviewed 12 September 2014

We stayed two nights at this wonderful retreat. The grounds and house are beautifully designed, the colors and layout lend themselves to relaxation. We were welcomed with a friendly smile. From 5pm - 6pm, there are appetizers and wine. The night we arrived the appetizers were made by Kelly. They looked and tasted great! If you chose to also add dinner, you would not have to leave. You could take advantage of the settings to walk, read, or whatever you find relaxing. The food is locally sourced, farm to table.

Kelly recommended the jacuzzi under the stars –– we walked down in the comfy robes supplied, slipped into the water, relaxed and enjoyed the view. We were so relaxed that when we returned to our room we fell asleep! The bed and pillows were just what was needed for a good and relaxing sleep. The towels were soft and luxurious. There are also slippers provided.Towels for the beach were available if you felt like taking a drive to the beach.

The breakfast on both mornings was scrumptious! We were introduced to "WOG"[pineapple, orange, and guava} –– a party in our mouth!

The staff treat you as family. Your comfort and needs are very important and well attended with courtesy and friendliness. Randi, Kelly, Lisa are wonderful ambassadors.

Follow the directions given by the staff -- they are very accurate, the gps seems to go on vacation!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Others have said that Waianuhea is difficult to find. It is true but my Garmin took me right there. You will think you are lost so try to get there before sunset. Once there, you will see that it is a magnificent jewel of the Big Island. I only had two nights there with the house to myself one of those days. Randi and her staff treated me like a queen. They miss nothing. I was greeted with wine and a beautiful cheese tray each evening. Breakfast was nothing short of a dining experience. Randi, the manager, revealed that she went to culinary school, which was evident by the presentation of each meal and the taste....awesome but come with an empty stomach. I treated myself to a huge room with a soaking tub. I slept like a baby. Some have commented that the roosters were annoying, but being from the east coast I woke up before them most mornings and enjoyed the silence with only them in the background. I thought they were a great way to start the day. The entire house is a retreat in itself. I even had a yoga mat in the closet and could have ordered a massage had I thought of that in advance. The drive up the one lane road is typical backcountry Hawaii. It is a bit of a drive to Honokaa or Waimea but everything on the Big Island is a bit of drive so enjoy it as part of the Hawaiian experience. Oh, if you must stay 'connected' then go somewhere else. I had easy access to the internet in the dining room, but not in my room...which made for a special treat for me. Hats off to Randi and her staff for making me feel so very special. I truly felt like I was with family, but then family would never pamper me the way they did. Awesome!

Room tip: Every room is nice so depends on price you are willing to pay and how much room you want. I saw go for the space and big room if you plan to spend any time there relaxing.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AnnieGirl50
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here in July with my mom and 2 sisters and we all agreed that this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The drive to the B&B is up a bumpy, one-lane, two-way traffic road through the forest, which can either be daunting or exciting depending on your personality (we loved it). Be assured that it is well worth traveling a bit off the map when you see the property. We stayed in the Olu Olu and A'ala rooms which were cozy, clean, and perfect for our needs. I was initially hesitant to book because there is no air conditioning, but was pleasantly surprised to find the temperature drop to the 60s F at night due to the elevation. If interested, there are opportunities to meet and socialize with other travelers and staff at the complimentary wine and appetizer hour, but otherwise it felt as if we had the place to ourselves. The staff were excellent!! Always friendly and helpful when needed but never intrusive. Very keen attention to detail. We were offered everything from a list of local restaurant menus to umbrellas and a cooler for our daily excursions. Breakfast exceeded our expectations! Large servings, beautifully and tastefully prepared with fresh local ingredients. The 3 course dinner was also delicious! They are very happy to accommodate any food restrictions. Location-wise, the B&B is about central between Kona and Hilo making for easy travel around the island. It is also near the scenic Waipio Valley and cute shops in Honokaa. Need to drive a bit farther if you want to get access to a beach, but didn't bother us. Can't say enough good things about this experience! If you're on the fence about booking, JUST DO IT! A true Hawaiian treasure in my opinion.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sarah_es163
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Waianuhea is difficult to find and out of the way, but the search is so worthwhile! We stayed one night after a day of exploring Waipio Valley. It was raining when we arrived, but Randy met us at the car with an umbrella to escort us inside. She immediately made us feel welcome -- we so appreciated her warmth and hospitality. The grounds and views from the rooms are amazing. The beauty from outside is continued inside with the furnishings, artwork and multiple bouquets of flowers. We had arranged for dinner ahead of time and experienced our favorite meal of our two weeks in Hawaii. The food was delicious and it was fun to have it served and described by our "personal" chef, Stephanie. Randy prepared the breakfast, and it too was artfully presented and extremely tasty. Such a great find -- one of my favorite places I've stayed.

Date of stay: July 2014