See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I have lived here for 2 years and I have never had a problem with anything. They have a new management company and they are really good. Good security and the pool got fixed up and everything is well maintained. My condo is very peaceful and relaxing. Love it here. My lanai overlooks the Koi pond also

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Iceman907
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

This place was a nice hotel. Then it converted to condos and there was a total lack of oversight and security and apartments were rented to any of the lowest riffraff. Most (but not all) of these folks are no longer around. Security is good now and they are steadily making improvements to the property. Some, but not all, of the units are very nice. It's a reasonably priced place...I've never had any real problems here, but I have a general sense that it wouldn't be a bad idea to be a little careful around here.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HiloBaybie
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I own a condo here and have since they converted from rental appartments. They have made few improvements. Some are dysfunctional such as the plastic no lock gates. They have a very nice pool but lousy and little furniture. People use the pool from the outside just because they can (not supose to). The noise level at night has improved since they shut down Mikey's night club. The new management has a lot of rules. It's not clear that they are enforced. The previous manager Gwen was nice. The new manager is surely.They have a lot of staff that drive around on golf carts and do some grounds maintenance making a great deal of noise (mostly blowing leaves and debris). The financial situation for the homeowners is less dire and the complex is maintaining with some recent improvement to the so called Waiakea waterfront.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank surferboyVA
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We purchased one of these condos 3 years ago for our daughter to attend the U of Hawaii. They were in the process of cleaning them and updating. Since then entire complex has been cleaned up, new appliances, new carpet, paint and full time security. I spent a month there this winter and it was very nice. It is close enough to walk most everywhere. If you want to experience Hilo as a resident, not a tourist, definately stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank hulagirl60583
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The apartment complex is very pretty. But the people who live here create a very hostile and unsafe environment. The racism is very obvious too. My first day at the apartment, a woman next door left a very hateful note in the laundry room which was apparently meant for me. People here are home all day so they get into your business and know when you are not at home. They also drink and do drugs day and night. They are very loud and every other word is a cuss word. Even across the pond you can hear the drunks cussing loudly day and night. Children cuss like that too and run wild in the hallway, always congregating outside your apartment door. Adults like to congregate outside your apartment door too having very loud conversations with other people and on their phones. And with all the noise, one of the neighbors had the nerve to hollar at me because she thought I shut my apartment door too loudly. I did not feel safe as the parking lot was dark and God only knows who you will run into out there. Also my lanai door did not lock and even with the wooden doors closed, these doors had vents so neighbors could see into your room. There were cockroaches too which I believe gravitated into my apartment from the neighbors who were not very clean. It was a very bad experience.

Room Tip: The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained: flowers, ponds, wildlife (fish, chickens, ducks). But management needs to clean out the undesireables that live here to make it a clean and safe place to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business