Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
FindHotelUS$104
Orbitz.comUS$104
TravelocityUS$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

The Pagoda Hilo Bay is a sad dilapidated unkept property. It is nowhere near a two star hotel. Giving it one star is a stretch. There are a number of negative adjectives and descriptions that other people have posted, and they are mostly a true and accurate description of our experience staying at the Pagoda Hilo Bay as well.
Unkept property: dirty building that needs pressure wash and paint job, old slow sketchy elevator with broken buttons, rusty stairwells, dingy dark hallways with old dirty stained carpeting, cheap household lock on the front door, no deadbolt lock or other secondary secure lock, old unevenly painted walls with water stains, dusty old fixtures, no air conditioner (just cheap fan), no TV remote (rabbit ears antenna), no headboard, no coffee maker, no ice bucket or ice machine, just overall unsterile feel.
There are semi-trailers in the parking lot used for supplies/ storage. Boarded up eyesore restaurant facility adjacent.
The bed, linens and in room carpet seemed clean. Thank goodness. Front desk staff was friendly and cordial.
Note: This room was booked through Marketing Concepts (Newbury Park, CA) with their free “PROMO” voucher. Upgrade hotel change from their “PROMO” voucher would essentially be full price or minor discounted accommodation.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cal_Steve4
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Dirty - old building, cockroaches, dirty towels - avoid as much as possible. Shady individuals hanging around. Should probably be closed / not suitable for business. Staff does not care, manager unavailable.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank globetrotter2178
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I don’t know how we landed in this hotel with our tour group but this was an experience we will never forget! And believe me i’ve been to rustic chic places around the world, but this is a whole different ball game. The hallways are so scary that I thought I was going to walk over a dead body any second and the stink of urine and fried rotten food is everywhere. The elevators are filthy and have the glamour of a homeless shelter or the projects. I was scared for my life when I shared the elevator with a frightening junkie woman who kept cursing and looking me up and down. The room has no fridge, no air conditioner and no latch on the window balcony so it was terribly hot and we couldn’t keep the balcony door open because of safety concerns. I would not be surprised if some rooms are rented by the hour (you know what I mean). On the positive side - the showers worked!!!! The guy in the reception was really nice and the place is located on a beautiful street - Banyan drive.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank madparik
Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

Horrible place from the git-go. Management not on duty during hours my rentor wrote available. Very shady looking individuals hanging around building & hallways, no security, easy access thru garage. Entranceway flooded. 1st Elevators only worked to some floors, have to take 2nd elevator. Hallways dead & semi dead with roaches probably from urine smells. Condo was full of mold, balcony covered in mold & fungus. Locks broken. Hair and dirt covered everything including inside moldy refrigerator. This building needs to be condemned. Absentee owners being cheated by management and housekeeping. Nearby hotels are lower per day once you add in the condo's rental/cleaning fees.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TeeheeInk
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Rented our room through airbnb and "quaint" this building was not. Everything about this building was decrepit and disgusting and in my opinion, should be condemned.
The check-in was a joke, cursory check in at best, barely glanced at id and didn't even write down license plate info. Parking is first come, first served.

The elevator is the sketchiest elevator I have been on, morgue style door and the interior of the elevator had us standing in center of the elevator in fear that if we touched the walls, we would contract a disease and I found myself praying for the decrepit thing to not break down.The light outside of the elevator kept flickering and the dingy hallway helped play every horror theme song I have ever heard play in my head.
The sketchy hallway to get to our room reminded me of the scene from Poltergeist where the hallway goes on for miles. The rank smell was enough to almost make your eyes water. The neighboring doors leading to our room had peeling paint and one was even missing part of its frame.

The only great thing about this building is that the water is HOT and our room was clean.

There have been damn near no renovations since this building was built and the interior rooms still have the original appliances and mechanisms for various appliances around the room.

Even if I got a two week free stay at this location I wouldn't take it.

You get what you paid for and I learned never again.

Date of stay: October 2018