Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
SAVE US$17
Expedia.comUS$94
PricelineUS$106
TravelocityUS$94
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020

Dirty - old building, cockroaches, dirty towels - avoid as much as possible. Shady individuals hanging around. Should probably be closed / not suitable for business. Staff does not care, manager unavailable.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank globetrotter2178
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I don’t know how we landed in this hotel with our tour group but this was an experience we will never forget! And believe me i’ve been to rustic chic places around the world, but this is a whole different ball game. The hallways are so scary that I thought I was going to walk over a dead body any second and the stink of urine and fried rotten food is everywhere. The elevators are filthy and have the glamour of a homeless shelter or the projects. I was scared for my life when I shared the elevator with a frightening junkie woman who kept cursing and looking me up and down. The room has no fridge, no air conditioner and no latch on the window balcony so it was terribly hot and we couldn’t keep the balcony door open because of safety concerns. I would not be surprised if some rooms are rented by the hour (you know what I mean). On the positive side - the showers worked!!!! The guy in the reception was really nice and the place is located on a beautiful street - Banyan drive.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank madparik
Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

Horrible place from the git-go. Management not on duty during hours my rentor wrote available. Very shady looking individuals hanging around building & hallways, no security, easy access thru garage. Entranceway flooded. 1st Elevators only worked to some floors, have to take 2nd elevator. Hallways dead & semi dead with roaches probably from urine smells. Condo was full of mold, balcony covered in mold & fungus. Locks broken. Hair and dirt covered everything including inside moldy refrigerator. This building needs to be condemned. Absentee owners being cheated by management and housekeeping. Nearby hotels are lower per day once you add in the condo's rental/cleaning fees.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TeeheeInk
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Rented our room through airbnb and "quaint" this building was not. Everything about this building was decrepit and disgusting and in my opinion, should be condemned.
The check-in was a joke, cursory check in at best, barely glanced at id and didn't even write down license plate info. Parking is first come, first served.

The elevator is the sketchiest elevator I have been on, morgue style door and the interior of the elevator had us standing in center of the elevator in fear that if we touched the walls, we would contract a disease and I found myself praying for the decrepit thing to not break down.The light outside of the elevator kept flickering and the dingy hallway helped play every horror theme song I have ever heard play in my head.
The sketchy hallway to get to our room reminded me of the scene from Poltergeist where the hallway goes on for miles. The rank smell was enough to almost make your eyes water. The neighboring doors leading to our room had peeling paint and one was even missing part of its frame.

The only great thing about this building is that the water is HOT and our room was clean.

There have been damn near no renovations since this building was built and the interior rooms still have the original appliances and mechanisms for various appliances around the room.

Even if I got a two week free stay at this location I wouldn't take it.

You get what you paid for and I learned never again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mellisa T
Reviewed 9 June 2017

The ironic part about this is the property is called Country Club and could not be further than what a country club is. The only nice thing about this place is the street that its on. Banyan Drive is so lovely, I just wish I would have done better research and stayed in one of the other hotels on the drive. I booked this through Airbnb, so this review is partly about the property and about the privately owned unit that we stayed in. The check in process was simple, we did not have to wait on line like some other people. As soon as we started walking up the stairs we were like 'what the hell is this place'. I have never been in such a rundown disgusting place in my life. I am not a picky person by any means, I try to make the best out of every bad situation but I just couldn't with this place. Everything is so dirty and rusty, the hallway was actually kinda scary. Thank god my husband found a shortcut near our room so we didn't have to walk through the dank hallway. Although this shortcut was just as disgusting, we were afraid to touch the doors to push them open. The elevator did not work for the 2 days that we were there, we were only on the 2nd floor so it was no problem.
It seems like most of the units are occupied by residents or privately owned. The unit we stayed in was on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool, it did have a water view which was why I picked it. We walked into the unit and the bed was unmade, dirty dishes were in the sink and towels were in a heap on the floor. Clearly it had not been cleaned since the last person had stayed there. This was the fault of the owner and not the hotel. I called her, her cleaning lady came and cleaned the room. The room itself was covered in a layer of dust, everything just skeeved me out. I had a hard time even eating there, I didn't know where to look or sit. We were almost afraid to sleep in the bed but we had no choice ( the upside was it was comfortable). We hardly spent anytime in the room, this upset us as we like to enjoy where we are staying. Thank god, it was only for 2 days. The last morning I opened the utensil drawer and there was a large roach in there. If I had seen that on the first day, I don't know that we would have stayed. We tried not to let this experience dampen our time in Hilo, but it was hard. Hilo is a beautiful place and I cannot wait to go back but I will never go near this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2017