Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 19/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$193
US$176
Hilo Bay Hostel(Hilo)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$104
Hostelworld.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have read all the other reviews that was posted, AFTER I had already booked the room online,lol. I booked the Superior Room, was given Room #512, anywho by reading the reviews, I was having doubts if I wanted to keep the reservation but I decided to keep it. My, am I pleased w/my decision. the Front Desk ladies were very helpful/generous/showed much aloha, NOT once did we see any roaches, of course you deal w/tenants who reside there as well, but really, they never bothered us, people was friendly that we came across. The room was furnished, refrig/2 burner stove/dining table/micro/coffee pot/toaster/Dvd player/wi-fi/cable tv/phone/alarm radio/etc. The view was nice, the security made me feel content. We had the option to have maid service. Really we was there to have a place to sleep/bathe, etc. If you're looking for a FANCY shmancy hotel, I'd suggest you all to seek elsewhere, but if you're wanting a place to sleep/bathe/cook, well then you shall find comfort here, and yes it may not be the Ritz-Carlton or the Hyatt but it was well worth the price. Daily price is $74/nt but they offer Kama'aina rates of $64/nt but via phone only. I'll definitely be returning/referring to my ohana/friends flying to Big Island to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haynwahine808
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We don't understand these reviews. Have stayed here for several winter months over a few years. The first apt we got from Craig's List was awful, but we met a couple who own a great studio apt on the 2nd floor, balcony facing the pool and the ocean, beautiful ceramic tile floors, nice kitchen, king bed, big screen TV, all utilities included for $900 a month! We were not there last year because my Dad died but we certainly plan on going back. Hilo is a great place for the real Hawai'i experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redravenjb
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Don't let the name fool you. I came for one night flew from Honolulu to Hilo to interview for a job so i thought i would save money I totally regret staying here roaches in the bathroom, bed area walls dirty with dead roaches and dust on the painting and dishes on wall Dirty. People live here you smell pot, throw up in halways they leave there doors open you hear couples fighting crazy. The staff is very rude i do not recommend this place Especially if you have kids.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank islandgurl66
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

So gross ! Don't waist your money here ! It better in you car ! Lol ! It is really dirty and the back door don't lock on room 301 or room 614 ! I had to change rooms because of roaches and no locking door ! This place is the worst I have ever been ! And I stay in San Francisco all the time ! I thought that was bad until I stayed here ! Just don't do it. !!

They get an F-

• Stayed: February 2013
7  Thank Kimi4love
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I had actually booked a month-long stay here and left before my time was up. The place was roach-infested, run down and has seen better days. It seems like a lot of people there use this place as their residence. Hilo Seaside was better.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple