2,075 results
All reviews coconut island ocean view queen's court seafood buffet banyan trees mauna kea the big island banyan drive liliuokalani gardens bit dated japanese garden beautiful park national park close to the airport an older hotel ken's pancake house stayed one night
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We were guests at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel for three nights in June and loved our stay. It was clean, quiet, and with an ideal location overlooking the bay and mountains. The food at the hotel was excellent, especially the breakfast. We have been to Honolulu, Kona, and Hilo, and our favorite city in Hawaii is Hilo. It is central to so many great spots such as the Volcano National Park, Akaka Falls, Botanical Gardens, and many other spots. The area around the hotel, and the city itself, has a more down to earth feel than Kailua-Kona, is less busy, and lush and green. Lots of quaint little towns to visit. The Hilo Hawaiian was the perfect place, and we plan to go back.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a view of Hilo Bay and Coconut Island, at least third floor east
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I stayed at this property once before about 12 years ago, before it was owned by Castle resorts.

The beds in our room were comfortable and in good condition. The room was definitely renovated since my last stay, but I'm guessing it has been about 10 years. Starting to show some age but comfortable. The bathrooms were updated but not gutted at the renovation. Everything works fine, but definitely dated.

We were nostalgic for Coconut park and Ken's house of Pancakes. Glad we stayed again. it is more convenient to Volcanoes than anything on the Kona side, and Hilo and the West Coast offer some spectacular scenery.

I'm pretty sure this is the nicest Hotel in Hilo, so definitely stay here if you are visiting. And if you are looking to get off the beaten path for a day or two, you found a good spot.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank aghadden
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My wife, and I stayed here over Father's Day weekend.
We booked our room a few months in advance because we had won tickets to the Hilo Brew fest. We thought the place would sell out, but that didn't seem to be a issue.
This Hotel was was better then our room last year at a neighbor Hotel.
I was worried staying in Hilo again, but the Hawaiian Hotel was pleasant, and in a good location to walk, or drive around from.
This will be our new go to spot when we are in Hilo

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I traveled there last month with my elderly mother. They were able to provide me with great service. I am so thankful they knew how to accommodate us. The staff was such a joy to work with it made my trip easier.

Room Tip: Get high floor on water side.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Wow....the Naniloa is going through extensive renovations and transforming into a beautiful and peaceful place to stay. If you want to get away from the touristy part of Hawaii...Hilo is the place to visit and the Naniloa is the place to stay. Great ocean view bar....friendly staff...clean rooms. Nothing fancy but glad that there is a nice place to stay while visiting the volcanos or waterfalls that East Hawaii has to see.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple