This is the best Bed and Breakfast I have been too, and I would choose this over the big hotels in the area. Each room has its unique gorgeous decor, and a lanai to sit out and sip your glass of wine (or cup of tea). The breakfast by Mathew is absolutely delicious with fruits from their farm, home cooked egg dish and coconut bread pudding (which was truly addictive, even though I rarely eat sweets). The owners are really helpful, with wonderful ideas about travel in the area, and everything. The property is cared for with love and attention and so are the guests. The beds are very comfortable, and just having a lanai / veranda to sit and enjoy, was delightful. It made me love the quiet town of Hilo more; the house being walking distance from all the downtown Hilo attractions, and a wonderful farmer's market. It was a spectacular stay in every regard - style, comfort and peace. I travel around the world, for work and pleasure and this was one of my most memorable stays. I cannot wait to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Hilo Bay views from this beautifully restored 1912 historic home in the heart of Hilo, close to all the wonderful markets, cafes and galleries that make Hilo so famous. Each room has a private lanai with views of magical koi ponds and/or Hilo Bay and are furnished with period antiques and unique island art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilo Bay Bed And Breakfast
- Hilo Bay Hotel Hilo
- Hilo Bay Hale Bed & Breakfast Hawaii