“The view!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View details
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Coffee Shack is OPEN, daily from 7am until Sunset, (except for Tue and Wed) Dine-in and Enjoy the Fantastic View from our Lanai, overlooking Kealakekua Bay, and 26 miles of the Beautiful Kona Coast.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It truly makes you feel like you are in paradise. Great view and food. Must stop when you are driving south on Rd 11. Kona Coffee was perfectly brewed and free refill was very nice.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Discover828559
Write a reviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is not the first time we picked up food from The Coffee Shack, but with such customer service next time I will look for other options near by.

My experience from today: I ordered 5 sandwiches to go. I asked cashier, blond young girl, she said her name was Kristen, how long it will take? She said: 20-30 mins, wait outside, I will call you. I did wait for 30 mins right outside the door, without shade with mid-day sun.

Next, I stood in line, as there is a note near the entrance to form one line even if you just have a question.

When I got in and asked Kristen to check on my order, she said: oh yes it was ready for long time and I called for you. When I said with irritation that I was right outside and did not hear it Kristen even did not apologize for inconvenience or confusion and just continued doing whatever she was doing.

All our sandwiches were cold, and in bag there were 2 napkins in total for 5 sandwich boxes. Food was OKish. We got 4 fish sandwiches and 1 grilled cheese. View from deck is nice, attaching photo.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank tydasha
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled on to this place. It was such a pleasant surprise. There was a line but we did not have to wait to long. A women working in the kitchen came out and sang for us a happy little tune. When they called our name to be seated they seated us on the patio with the most amazing view. We had these 3 geckos that were entertaining us before and during our meal. I ordered the special which was eggs Kalua pork pepperjack cheese and avacodo it was very tasty. My wife asked for French toast at first they said they were out so she ordered a cinnamon roll. But came back a couple of minutes later and told us the cook made some more batter for the French toast. She said the French toast was pretty good. The severs were all friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank G Dennis C
Reviewed 7 March 2021

My sister and I stopped by this place a few times and it was always busy. Finally, on our last day, we drove down and had a coffee, I had the chocolate cream pie and she had the key lime pie. We had such a beautiful view, everything was delicious along with our waiter being very nice. It is a great pit stop.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

Perfect stop for any meal but we enjoyed breakfast there twice. Fresh coffee and made to order lattes if you just want a quick stop on the way to Volcanoes. The view here is other worldly and I can’t do it justice either pictures or descriptions, but trust me, this is worth going out of your way for. If you go for breakfast, I’d recommend getting there before 9am to beat the rush. Service was awesome too.

Date of visit: February 2021