“What a view and good company too”
Review of The Coffee Shack

The Coffee Shack
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Captain Cook
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, View details, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Coffee Shack is OPEN, daily from 7am until Sunset, (except for Tue and Wed) Dine-in and Enjoy the Fantastic View from our Lanai, overlooking Kealakekua Bay, and 26 miles of the Beautiful Kona Coast.
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled on to this place. It was such a pleasant surprise. There was a line but we did not have to wait to long. A women working in the kitchen came out and sang for us a happy little tune. When they called our name to be seated they seated us on the patio with the most amazing view. We had these 3 geckos that were entertaining us before and during our meal. I ordered the special which was eggs Kalua pork pepperjack cheese and avacodo it was very tasty. My wife asked for French toast at first they said they were out so she ordered a cinnamon roll. But came back a couple of minutes later and told us the cook made some more batter for the French toast. She said the French toast was pretty good. The severs were all friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank G Dennis C
Write a reviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed 7 March 2021

My sister and I stopped by this place a few times and it was always busy. Finally, on our last day, we drove down and had a coffee, I had the chocolate cream pie and she had the key lime pie. We had such a beautiful view, everything was delicious along with our waiter being very nice. It is a great pit stop.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

Perfect stop for any meal but we enjoyed breakfast there twice. Fresh coffee and made to order lattes if you just want a quick stop on the way to Volcanoes. The view here is other worldly and I can’t do it justice either pictures or descriptions, but trust me, this is worth going out of your way for. If you go for breakfast, I’d recommend getting there before 9am to beat the rush. Service was awesome too.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank 91Beaches
Reviewed 1 February 2021

If you can find a better scenic view at any restaurant anywhere in this country please let me know! This rustic place sets on a hill side perhaps 2000 ft above sea level over looking beautiful Kealakekua Bay. People open jelly cups and place them on the railings for the geckos to get their sugar buzz.
Food here is always great. Love the home fries with onions and green peppers.
Open at this time for inside dining.

Date of visit: January 2021
3  Thank Bill H
Reviewed 24 January 2021

The wait was 30mintues, Parking is tight. But the wait is worth it. Awesome views. The staff is so friendly. We were a party of 4. They asked us if my two daugthers 8 and 6yr olds wanted a table of their own and a private order setting. They were super friendly with them to let them have their own table and server and order just like adults. They had their time of life enjoying their fresh cheese pizza with pineapple topping with a gorgeous view. I am not a coffee drinker but I enjoyed their morning kona coffee, which was not bitter and very smooth. We met the manager Jim as well, and everyone from the front desk to the chef in the kitchen and the server girls, everyone was friendly and brisk in service.

Date of visit: January 2021