“Get Local”
Review of Big Rob's Bakery

Big Rob's Bakery
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Captain Cook
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: Hey my name is Robin. You can call me Big Rob. Big Rob's is a family owned and operated business bringing home style ono grinds to the South West Big Island! As the sole owner, I have been baking for over 30 years and I take pride and joy in my products. When you enter my shop, you can clearly see it in my work. We serve breakfast ALL DAY! We have: Fresh baked pastries, freshly made bread, local grinds and freshly made fruit smoothies! We also have fresh fish tacos and wonderfully made burgers. There is outdoor seating with an ocean view before 11am and we always have daily specials!
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We try to eat local when we travel. This is the perfect example. We were staying in Captain Cook and didn't want to go to Kona to eat. We read reviews of Rob's and gave it a try. The menu was huge and included some Hawaiian local favorites. There is something for everyone.

The portions are gigantic from all the plates we saw. My husband and daughter had the full size biscuits and gravy. They could have easily split one full order. My other daughter had a cheeseburger and fries which was she said was great. I had a breakfast sandwich (which is served all day) - also very good.

We went a second day for donuts. Every kind we tried was wonderful! We could have eaten there everyday just for the donuts.

This is a no frills place. Everything is served on paper plates. You can get food to go. The food took a little bit but it's really a one (or maybe two) person business.

Get some donuts!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Food is terrific.

Nice breakfast selection as well as fresh baked goods.

Rob is a super guy. Free samples galore.

Delicious banana nut chocolate bread. It’s free unless you want a loaf.

Delicious pizza. Free by the slice as Rob can’t sell it as the landlord sells pizza next door.

Rob gives it away to get him to talk to him.

What a fun visit.

Good food.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

what a pleasant surprise. believe the good reviews. on of the best breakfasts i have ever had. delicious and fresh. big portions

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Really good breakfast. If you have questions about the menu, etc., you will not get very much detail in response. Once you figure out his system, you won't have any problems. We were going to go back the next day for breakfast again, but it was closed (only closed on Monday). The coffee is only okay.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We went here because we heard they have some of the best malasadas, and they absolutely do! They even have a Hawaiian breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, spam, and mayo on a malasada....a must try! We also talked with Big Rob himself and he was great to talk to. A must stop!