US$93
US$65
US$98
US$78
US$51
Holiday Lodge Motel(Sheridan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$78
All reviewsshoulder seasonride horsesthe main houseper daywi fiswimming poolspent nightswranglersduderanchtrailscenerywestshootaccommodationsantelopestream
Reviewed 2 September 2015

After recent horseback-riding travels, I realized that I had never written a review about one of my family's favorite vacation spots. My great-grandmother came to Eatons' when it first opened to guests; my grandfather returned as a child; my mother came back and worked here as a waitress during college summers; and now my extended family returns with kids of many ages. It is the perfect spot for families: beautiful setting, lots of activities, delicious food, fun evening entertainment, and excellent horseback riding. My husband, who had never been on a horse before, enjoyed many scenic rides. The kids stayed entertained in the lodge during some of our rides, and we met back for family meals each time. You can tell that every family starts to relax and unwind within a day or two of arrival, and it's great getting to know other families from around the country. We look forward to going back when the kids are a little older and able to ride the horses. It is truly an unforgettable place; you'll soon find that many others scramble to find a spot at the ranch every summer.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LizCincinnatiOH
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

So many wonderful, personal touches were made by the staff at this 100+ year old ranch that our family with 3 kids (age 12, 9, and 6) had an amazing 3 days on our western vacation. Literally every staff member knew the name of everyone in my family, while they had 75 guests on property! Another example: the personalized, painted (with your name) napkin ring holders, with which the staff play a fun game with guests: the 2nd time you leave your napkin outside the ring after a meal, they'll hide it somewhere in the dining room, and you get to find it before the next meal. The 3rd time you forget (we all did on purpose) it could be hidden anywhere on the 2700 acre ranch! So much fun our kids had teasing clues out of the good-natured staff and scouring the property for their napkin rings. (Hard to explain, but trust me this was great yuks.)

Located midway between Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore, this made a perfect break in the trip. Though expensive, we felt it was a reasonable value, and not many dude ranches let kids age 6 ride horses, or do anything for kids under 6.

We would definitely return. Thank you to the wonderful staff at Eatons Ranch.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I'm still here but just couldn't wait to write my review. What a place!! Is this the nearest place to heaven on earth? How I wish the world could all be like this. Stunning scenery, stunning mountains, wildlife all around. Rustic, clean cabins, rocking chairs on the verandas. Excellent shower and bathrooms. Clean, cosy, and everything you need.
The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Excellent home cooking, good portions, I love the dinner gong. I had an accident while I was here, and they couldn't do enough for me. Very accommodating should you have any special requests.
If you are willing to slow down and chill out this is the place to come to. Limited wi-fi and little cell reception, you have to take it easy.
The nearest town is Sheridan, a 30min drive away, nice shops, excellent hospital, good amenities. I wish all towns were like it.
I definitely will come back.

Room Tip: I was on the Pike which was central to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsteen C
Reviewed 17 August 2015

From Start to end, this was a vacation I would gladly relive! Say Hi to TJ, Kim, Becky, Bonnie, and Marie! Our Wrangler, Claire was a pure enjoyment! Food Delicious, As Arnold would say, " I'll BE BACK!. Thank you all for a memory that will never leave us!
The cabins were clean, and comfortable. These aren't a trail ride tail to nose! The Wranglers were special here and attentive, as well as our servers, house cleaning staff, and cooks! Watch as the wranglers bring the herd over the mountain at 6 am. which is beyond words to watch! Watch as the sunsets behind the mountains!

Room Tip: any cabin was suitable, but we had the Loure with a stream in the back adding to the beauty of your surroundings
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank lotbb13223
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Great holiday. Recommended by locals who had stayed here many times. Very friendly. Nothing too much trouble. You can take the horses out on your own which most ranches don't permit or a wrangler will go with you. They offer two rides a day and you can do breakfast rides or all day and even overnight camping out. We were mixed ability and we all had a great time. Just as suitable for first timers as for experienced riders. Accommodation rustic but comfortable and oh the peace and quiet ....bliss! Lots to do for kids....softball game against the staff , barbecue, bingo, evening entertainment or you can just chill. Good sized pool. Food was fine.....just good home cooking and plenty of it. Tip if you're English.....bring riding hats ....they don't provide them although you can borrow western riding boots. Can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: Pick a cabin down on the Gold Coast backing onto Wolf Creek
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business