US$176
US$83
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$68
Travelocity
Holiday Lodge Motel(Sheridan)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$98
US$96
US$91
All reviewsride horsesthe main houseswimming poolbingowranglersduderanchscenerytrailshootantelope
Reviewed 20 August 2015

I'm still here but just couldn't wait to write my review. What a place!! Is this the nearest place to heaven on earth? How I wish the world could all be like this. Stunning scenery, stunning mountains, wildlife all around. Rustic, clean cabins, rocking chairs on the verandas. Excellent shower and bathrooms. Clean, cosy, and everything you need.
The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Excellent home cooking, good portions, I love the dinner gong. I had an accident while I was here, and they couldn't do enough for me. Very accommodating should you have any special requests.
If you are willing to slow down and chill out this is the place to come to. Limited wi-fi and little cell reception, you have to take it easy.
The nearest town is Sheridan, a 30min drive away, nice shops, excellent hospital, good amenities. I wish all towns were like it.
I definitely will come back.

Room Tip: I was on the Pike which was central to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsteen C
Reviewed 17 August 2015

From Start to end, this was a vacation I would gladly relive! Say Hi to TJ, Kim, Becky, Bonnie, and Marie! Our Wrangler, Claire was a pure enjoyment! Food Delicious, As Arnold would say, " I'll BE BACK!. Thank you all for a memory that will never leave us!
The cabins were clean, and comfortable. These aren't a trail ride tail to nose! The Wranglers were special here and attentive, as well as our servers, house cleaning staff, and cooks! Watch as the wranglers bring the herd over the mountain at 6 am. which is beyond words to watch! Watch as the sunsets behind the mountains!

Room Tip: any cabin was suitable, but we had the Loure with a stream in the back adding to the beauty of your surroundings
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank lotbb13223
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Great holiday. Recommended by locals who had stayed here many times. Very friendly. Nothing too much trouble. You can take the horses out on your own which most ranches don't permit or a wrangler will go with you. They offer two rides a day and you can do breakfast rides or all day and even overnight camping out. We were mixed ability and we all had a great time. Just as suitable for first timers as for experienced riders. Accommodation rustic but comfortable and oh the peace and quiet ....bliss! Lots to do for kids....softball game against the staff , barbecue, bingo, evening entertainment or you can just chill. Good sized pool. Food was fine.....just good home cooking and plenty of it. Tip if you're English.....bring riding hats ....they don't provide them although you can borrow western riding boots. Can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: Pick a cabin down on the Gold Coast backing onto Wolf Creek
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2015

A dude ranch trip was something I had always wanted to do. After doing some research and reading reviews we settled on Eatons Ranch and it was the best decision! The ranch is lovely. It is rustic, so if you are looking for 'luxury' this is not the place for you, but then why would you be expecting that at a dude ranch??? :-) Our cabin was comfortable, roomy and clean. The staff were great, from the waitresses in the dining hall to the wranglers that took us out on our rides, every one of them were great.

We made many new friends there. Unless you are a big group that can fill a table you are seated with other guests. Our fellow tablemates were three couples from different states and we had a very nice time chatting with all of them. We found some riding buddies that are now our friends as well.

Food was excellent and plentiful. We were asked before our arrival if there were any dietary needs or allergies, so they do take that into account.

The horses are well cared for, spending their off hours in enormous pastures. The staff matches you with a horse that suits your experience level, though you can change if you wish. Our horses were great.

There is limited cell service and internet and no TV, but we didn't miss any of that. Being 'unplugged' was a plus, not a negative at all.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginna P
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed by the stream that runs by the main part of the ranch . The sound of the brook at night was tremendously relaxing . Accommodation was a cabin and met our expectations fully for what a cabin would and should be( no tv , wi-fi, etc) . The entire staff bent over to help us no matter what we needed . The food was scrupulously prepared and delicious , beef was so good I had seconds , which for a non-beef eater is a real stretch . The ladies in my family say they had scintillating and challenging rides ( I am a non-rider ) .. I left not wanting to , but duty called . Be back if I can .

Room Tip: Stay by the stream , although there is a main house that looked interesting as well
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family