Quality Inn(Thermopolis)
US$240
US$194
US$131
US$126
Elk Antler Inn(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$80
Two Rivers Inn(Thermopolis)
US$86
US$60
Roundtop Mountain Motel(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
US$99
El Rancho Motel(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
US$81
Travelocity
US$85
US$82
All reviewswould stay againbed was comfortablekitchenettecupboardyellowstone
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Last month I stayed one night on my way to Yellowstone . No reservation and I got the next to last room for the night at a very reasonable price. The room was huge and included a kitchenette. It was clean, the shower was fine and the bed was comfortable. The wifi was pretty much non-existent, but that's not a big deal for me. Owners could not have been nicer on check in. A very good experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Bob S, Owner at Paintbrush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thanks for staying at the Paintbrush Inn.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I wanted to stay here and not a big chain motel, and I'm very glad I did. The Paintbrush Inn was very clean outside, and my room felt very inviting. I slept really good, the room was clean, and the people running it, who I assume was the owners, were very nice and polite. When I go back to Thermopolis, I will be staying there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Bob S, Owner at Paintbrush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for staying at the Paintbrush Inn, we were glad to serve you!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is a friendly, owner-run place, but the maintenance just seems to have got away from them.
Major downside - no door to the bathroom. I never thought we'd have to ask about this ...
Apart from that, the room had a really damp, stuffy smell - partly old carpet, partly the air con, the filter badly needed changing.
All the drawers were full of spare linen - nowhere to unpack - but I felt it would be cleaner staying in the suitcase.
I'd rather spend an extra $10 and if necessary forego two icecreams.

Room Tip: Avoid roadside rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FloatingC
Bob S, Owner at Paintbrush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

You stayed in a fully ADA compliant room, which has a sliding curtain instead of a door and a roll-in shower, which is required for someone confined to a wheelchair. The HVAC unit has HEPA filtering, which is changed/cleaned on a regular basis. These rooms are cleaned daily, and the carpet shampooed weekly, which does cause them often to smell damp.
Thank you for staying in Thermopolis.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Clean and cozy. Good for a few nights stay. Nice staff. Would like to see maybe a few up to date things. Maybe more of a theme of "paintbrush" in the room. Love these little retro hotels. Support of the local hotels is a good thing!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Paintbrush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. The motel was named after the Wyoming state flower, which is the Indian Paintbrush. We have a picture of the red flower on the motel sign, and also on the room doors.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Oh my heavens!!!! Wanted to book a reasonably priced room and did through Priceline. But this!!!!
Walked in to a very odd smell but I guess I got used to that. Old bedding looks like it came from the thrift store. And the BATHROOM!!!!
The shower and toilet are in one room with no tub so when you shower, water will go all over the toilet!!!! And the best part....no door!!!!! Just a shower curtain to
Separate the toilet/shower from the rest of the room. Never in my 72 years have I seen a place like this but once we paid for it we can't afford to just go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Bob S, Owner at Paintbrush Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

The room you stayed in was a fully ADA compliant room, built 7 years ago. The shower configuration was required to meet the federal government mandated ADA rules. It is designed for a handicapped person in a wheelchair, so they can shower from the wheelchair, and transfer to the toilet. Many handicapped people have thanked us for the design of that room, because no other motels in the town had rooms that allowed them to bathe themselves. I hope that you never need these kind of facilities.