“typical truck stop”

Iron Skillet
Ranked #18 of 109 Restaurants in Laramie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is a typical place to eat truck stop food. its hot and somewhat tasty. But I prefer a different place to eat.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

There is a fantastic buffet here from breakfast through dinner. Many entree choices as well as veggies and dessert. Salt water taffy and souvenirs.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

They were the only place open when we got stranded in Laramie, WY on Christmas night. Buffet was pricey, so we went with meals + salad bar. Not the best quality...but service made up for that, so it is what it is. Not sure we'd go back though.

1  Thank stephendH3304QS
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We ended up here on Christmas Eve and there were 6 of us. I wish I had gotten the name of our server so I could mention her by name, because she was awesome. 6:00 on Christmas Eve and she was cheerful, kept our glasses full and our table cleared, and was just all around a great server. The buffet looked really good, but we weren't in the mood for Barbecue so we ordered off the menu and she didn't bat an eye. The portions were enormous and the food was better than any other truck stop I have ever eaten in. The chicken fried steak was fabulous, as was the chicken parmigiana. What made the night, though, was the service - everyone there was friendly and helpful and took the time to smile. Not what I had expected on Christmas Eve.

1  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Our first experience at this type of restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Food was delicious. Friendly staff and great coffee. Good value.

Been to Iron Skillet? Share your experiences!