“Bring your wallet”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On the Town Square; Broadway & King St.
Description: As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This was recommended by a local, but I think they must have been a investor. the restaurant was cramped and the tables close together. The atmosphere was nothing special and the prices were exuberant. Was not impressed with anything there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 29 May 2016

This is an upscale restaurant with a setting that can best be described as "rusticly" elegant. Yes, it's pricey - even for Jackson Hole standards.

The buffalo steak was exceptional. I was told that the steak weighed 7 ounces and the price was $33.00. Worth every penny. I highly recommend it.

There's a full bar with an extensive wine list including some wonderful dessert wines.

Service was very good as well. If you're looking for a high-quality meal in a unique environment then try the Snake River Grill. If price is a concern then you should look at other options. You won't get out of here cheap.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I spent a summer in Jackson Hole and I was working on the river... and then there was a huge forest fire... and I was out of work. Needed to make money... so as I was a restaurant server, I hit the pavement running... put in applications everywhere... Just needed to work... I got hired at the Cadillac Grille and started working immediately. In the days leading up to that hire however, I walked to every restaurant in Jackson Hole. Why am I writing this? Because if you are travelling and you have only one place that you can go for dinner and you intend to have a phenomenal meal to talk about for years to come... the Snake River Grille is it. Your quest is over.

This is a fine dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. The meals are composed by a dedicated. professional culinary team that LOVES what they do. When I was last there they had game options that were outstanding... Elk, Buffalo, fresh caught fish.... The wine list is exceptional. Someone really put in a great deal of care and exhaustive work to create a wine list that sings and pairs with the cuisine well.

In the restaurant world it is the norm to create a wine list based on big name wines... that way wine people know that you appreciate quality... it is also the norm to create safe dishes that pair well with generic varietals... very little risk taken and quite usually positive results with pairing for guests... it is a rarity to find a restaurant that takes the time and pride to take risks, reaches for excellence and only in the top 3% of restaurants, achieves that level where the food and the wine are both exceptional and paired together expertly.... this is the place in Jackson Hole, WY where that happens.

I would send guests who enjoyed their meals and dining experiences at the Cadillac Grille to the Snake River Grille for another great meal... and very often the guests would return to the Cadillac Grille with a wonderful story and a generous tip for me for suggesting that they go.

When a server gets tipped by guests for suggesting a place for them to eat, that's a pretty good sign that they enjoyed their experience... But do your own research... And enjoy your experience at the Snake River Grille!!!

3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Luckily we made reservations as the Grill was very busy our only night in town, are we glad we did!! We had a delightful experience with both the food and the service. We enjoyed both the wild boar and halibut, all I can say....fantastic! We also enjoyed an appetizer of asparagus and cheese & mushrooms that was yummy.

Very nice interior with excellent service.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

beautiful ambience, really nice bar. they made a wicked manhattan. 1st class all the way. try the potato pancake as a starter for the table. its great. highly recommend this place