“Excellent”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On the Town Square; Broadway & King St.
Description: As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Lived up to the hype. Great room, great service, very interesting and delicious local dishes. Color me impressed. Our first meal of our trip and our best meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 1 April 2016

A very ordinary meal, in a mundane decor at 5 star prices. A bit of a tourist trap. Much better meals, service and ambiance to be had at The Local, Gathers, or Cafe Genevieve - all in easy walking distance.

1  Thank RichardB32322
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I chose this place based on photos of the dining room, and it is indeed very pretty. However, my husband's chicken meal was average at best and my vegetarian tamale was virtually inedible. We'd also requested a table in front of the fire if at all possible, which the hostess cheerfully announced we had, then seated us on the inky dark side of the large stone fireplace where there was no view of the fire at all. I'm not easily offended, but that felt like an insult to our intelligence. It would have been much better to say there weren't any open tables by the fire--disappointing but not insulting. All that said, if back in the area I might give it another try.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Fantastic wine list. Cost sociable feel to it. Food outstanding. Elk was delicious and sides to die for. Spinach and mushroom was great as were truffle fries.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 24 March 2016

This is one of the best meals I had in years. The chef uses normal ingredients and make them taste to the fullest. The onion rings and the spinach are unique. I had elk and tasted the boar. We were a table of 6 and everything looked and tasted delicious.
There is a real chef in the kitchen